Chapter 13

[Blood warning! The final paragraph]

Steven felt as though he was floating on air. The darkness was soothing. Or, that was Steven's opinion. He didn't mind being lonely. No one to pester him about his feelings, no one to wake him. It was bliss. Except.. the voices. Some familiar. Some new. He didn't mind the old ones. But the new were a different story.

The old encourages him to wake up. To open up about himself. But.. the others. They would say horrid things. Things to do to himself, that would stop the thoughts. He didn't like them, but they would ring louder than anything else on most occasions.

And the pain. Unbearable pain. It would ripple through him like a shockwave, then would slowly recede like a wave at the beach. But other than that, it was silent. Until it wasn't. Shattering glass literally pierced his ears. It was loud. Loud. Loud. Too loud. Too loud. Steven screamed, which slowly became a horrible roar as pain rippled through his body.

His vision grew fuzzy, if that was possible on a black abyss. But he fought to keep his place in the void. Suddenly, his hands disappeared and it grew cold, the sound of waves crashing against the beach slowly made their way into his ears. His eyes opened, sand in between his clawed fingers..?

Muffled voices yelled, and the sound of something clashing soon outgrew the sound of the beach, and Steven felt his anger grow. He wanted it to be quiet. Why wouldn't they be quiet?! The searing pain only grew as his frustration did. Someone suddenly roughly yanked on his tail, and he fell onto his side, sand spraying everywhere.

A figure landed where he was originally, but his anger continued to grow like a fire. Why did they push him? Why did they dare push him? He felt his legs quietly snap, and he unintentionally roared in pain. The sound stopped for a moment, before they continued clashing.

He lifted up his hand and clutched his horns, attempting to curl up. A voice yelled next to him, and he flinched, scoring his claws down their face. His eyes widened as much as they could as a figure in light clothing accompanied by long black hair stumbled back, clutching the wound on her face. He wanted to yell Connie's name, but as he watched the blood drip down her arm, he blacked out.

——————————————

Sorry for the short chapter, but I felt bad for not posting so made a short chapter. All will be explained soon.

- Salty

Marks of scourge rain down

The blood spilled at the battle

The claws are already bound

The splitting screech of death

They ran, but to no avail