Chapter 7

Pearl gracefully wandered around where she was assigned. Her hand tenderly ran over tree bark, the wind whistled around her head. All was quiet. She had no reason to be afraid. She was safe. She continued, feeling the wind nip at her skin, seemingly growing colder by the second.

She heard Amethyst say something in the distance, and shook her head with a sigh. "I swear, if Amethyst is fooling around." Pearl muttered, and made a beeline for the light in the distance, which was steadily growing fainter. After travelling for a while, she came across a field, flowers grew in clumps, dew glowing off them.

The sun no longer shone, the moon had nearly risen. She intertwined her fingers behind her back and closed her eyes, walking forwards with a pep in her step. Pearl opened her eyes and made for a rose bush, eyes stinging with tears as forgotten memories flooded back. She knew she couldn't be distracted, but thoughts rushed in, oddly happy for the situation. The bitterness which once took over her when anything related to Rose was brought up, had exploded into a warm and fuzzy feeling.

She got back up, preparing to walk forwards when she slipped. "Oof-!" She gasped as she hit the earth with a heavy thud. She absentmindedly reached a hand to her side, to feel it come in contact with something smooth and cool, but a jagged line, which was rather hot, intruded the feeling. She opened her eyes a slit and peeked over.

The object cast a faint glow in her hand, a deep purple colour. Pearl gasped, tears once returning to her eyes as she realised. This was Amethysts' gem. She gripped it and clutched it near her chest, running back from where she came from.

Something's heavy stomping caused the flowers to shake. Something around the size of the rose bush, but a bit bigger stalked out, returning to where Amethysts' gem was, blindly searching for it. Not finding it, a loud growl erupted from it, its claws ripping the grass around it. It whipped around and ran, the darkness soon engulfing it.

Connies eyes scanned the people walking down the boardwalk, a small hope wishing her hoping Steven will walk out. Lion snored next to her, resting after all that running. She ran her fingers through her hair, tears glazing her eyes. C'mon Steven, please.. She begged, violently shaking her head from side to side. No. I have to stay focused and determined. She didn't want to admit there were faint bags forming underneath her eyes, nor did she want to go home and face her parents after her absence.

She shifted and began to stroke Lion, attempting to calm herself and formulate a plan. Her mind raced, beginning to hurt, but she ignored it. Connie began to feel useless as every plan she came up with was denied by herself. "DANG IT!" She screamed, hot tears running down her cheeks as she collapsed into lions mane. I'll just.. sleep it off. She sighed, wiping the tears off her cheek as she knew sobbing would help less. Closing her eyes, she curled up and attempted to sleep.

———————————

Hey guys! I'm in a good mood, so I decided ya'll deserves a chapter! Sorry if it's shorter than you wanted, or if it wasn't as good. Still, I hope you enjoyed! I'm listening to "Just Right" by Tessa Violet, it's a really good song!

- Salty

Thundering roars invaded their ears

Pained whimpers flooded the ground

They gazed upon their peers

Weapons in hand

Trying to run

Nowhere to stand.

~603 words~