Chapter 5

Rushed footsteps made the floorboards creak, and sudden knocking on the door caused Pearl to walk downstairs. "Welcome back-" "How's Steven?" Greg begged to know as Pearl let them in, as well as cutting her off. "Well, right now he's laying in bed." Pearl answered, before a wail was faintly heard.

"I need to see him!" Greg worriedly said, attempting to get to the stairs. "I'm sorry, I think we need to leave him for now-" a crash was heard from upstairs, Garnet cutting herself off. "I'll go check." She said, slowly and quietly walking up the stairs.

She wearily looked around the corner, seeing Steven hunched over, with a hand clutching the sheet. "Steven." Garnet said, beginning to approach him. Steven mumbled something, but Garnet still approached. "I said.." Steven mumbled. "Stay AWAY!" He lunged towards Garnet, missing her and crashing onto the floor, laying winded for a moment.

Garnet quickly crouched, attempting to pick up Steven as he sobbed. The four downstairs quickly stampeded up the steps, as Steven curled up on his bed. No one said anything, but they crowded together at the end of his bed, before walking downstairs to discuss it.

"Steeeeeeeveennnnnn" Voices echoed around his head, increasing the headache he already had. Rose thorns surrounded and engaged him in a void of darkness. Steven whimpered, digging his claws into the 'bars'. A glitchy figure walked closer to him, a pale colour. Everything flashed white, and Steven collapsed.

Steven gasped, sitting up on his bed. Voices quietly murmured downstairs. He stared at his clawed hands, quietly getting out of bed. I need to go. I can't be a burden. He thought, trying not to lent a stream of pent up tears out. He tiptoed upstairs to his garden, and sat on the warp pad, enjoying the flowers. Until he heard a loud gasp from his room. I need to go. But they'll hear the warp pad.. I.. can't stay. I love you all. Steven slammed down his hands.

The five heard the sound of the warp pad activating, and Pearl let out a strangled "No!" Hopeless, they walked downstairs. "It's my fault, I should've been watching him!" Pearl sighed, before Amethyst chimed in, "Nah bro, any of us could've." The two began to go back and fourth at each other, as Garnet gripped her knees.

"Both of your! Stop fighting like human children! We need a plan to find Steven!" Garnet said loudly, silence following. Greg, Connie and Lion all nervously hung back, not caring to talk.

——————————

Again, sorry for the short chapter, but a friends here. Normal chapters should be back tomorrow or the day after. Anyway, thanks for reading.

- Salty.

Shining silver

In short lived gleams

They meant to find him

By all means

But he was tired

And there was one

Who knew who he was

He hadn't won.