Chapter 6

Stevens.. 'feet' slammed down onto the ground, the surrounding forest only a blur. Tears fell at a steady pace from his eyes, which were black. His pupils, which were pink, were glowing under the moon, which cast light through the thick layer of leaves. The only sound, was his feet, and his quiet sobs, steadily growing quieter.

The trees began to grow thin as he approached a meadow, the flowers shuffling in the wind as if they were gossiping about his arrival. He collapsed in the middle, one hand clutching his stomach while the other gripped the grass beneath it. With a disgusting sound, Steven lurched to his right and emptied what little liquid was inside of him, flowers somehow growing, which very much disturbed and disgusted Steven.

He groaned, slowly getting up as he spied a stream in the distance, parched from running. The stream reflected the beautiful night sky, Steven deciding to dip his whole head under. When he came back up, his headache seemed to be no more than a buzzing in the deepest part of his mind. He lay down by the stream, curling up and wrapping his long, smooth tail around his head, and was whisked away into the safety of his dreams.

"We need to get out there now. I can't have my son out there all alone!" Greg cried, boldly deciding to break the silence. With a curt nod, Garnet stood up and walked towards the warp pad, Amethyst and Pearl scrambling to follow. Without turning around, she spoke. "You know the drill." And promptly warped away. Connie hopped on Lion and he roared, taking the two to wherever he pleased.

Greg stood all by his lonesome, connecting his hands in a tangle of anxiety and worry. He turned and slowly made his way out, a distant look shone in his eyes. He sighed, forming his walk into a slight jog. The sound of waves crashing against the beach, on a nice night, soothed him and calmed him momentarily from the worry that was starting to grip his mind.

He soon found himself running past various buildings, and saw the car wash up ahead. A plan suddenly formed in his head. He sped up, soon reaching the back of his van. Flinging the doors open, he leapt inside, throwing stuff about as he searched for an object. Soon, a stack of paper and a picture of Steven before the event, were sitting in front of him. Humming in satisfaction, he picked up the stack and slammed the van doors closed, making his was to a familiar house.

He knocked at the door, anxiously waiting for an answer. The faint sounds of footsteps thundered into his ears, continuing until the door opened and a tired looking Sour cream. "Yeah bro?" He rasped, rubbing his eye. "Can I use your printer?" Sour cream yawned, then nodded, disappearing into the darkness. Greg ran inside, his plan slowly beginning to come together.

Amethyst turned her head, looking around her. The trees quietly whispered in the wind, and the sounds of dawn unsettled her. The sun couldn't be seen, but the sky was a milky blue, stars still splattered around. A cool breeze compelled her to walk past a stream, which was beautifully clear.

She ran a hand through her hair, sighing as she continued on. Amethyst flinched at the sound of a large splash up ahead. Ducking behind the line of trees, she stealthily made her way to the sound. Holding her breath, she peeked around the corner.

A group of geese swam around, every now and again stretching their wings. Amethyst shook her head, turning around. She began to walk back, but an uneasy feeling was pooling in her. She whipped her head behind her, but felt a little better when only a bird was there. With a newfound sense of safety, she began to make her way back to where she started, eager to get back.

The trees thinned, and she saw a meadow. Her head tilted, as an unnatural bush of Roses grew near her left, so she walked over to investigate. Delicately running a finger against the petals, she turned around and began to walk, only for her vision to turn black as something slammed into her.

——————————

Hey there, my friend left so I've had more time to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as I attempted to use more describing than usual.

-Salty

Flowers wet in morning dew

Their worried glares only grew

Rain began to pound the earth

As they began to advance.