Chapter 26

Connie was panting. It seemed as though the 'monster' was running in circles. C'mon, I gotta help the gems! She jumped every now and again as thunder boomed overhead. "Almost there!" She said hopefully.

She flinched yet again as more thunder boomed, but.. why did it sound like it was in pain? Yes! I must be near! She burst into a run, rounding a corner and seeing a large purple monster. She gasped. How were they gonna take it down?

Connie looked up and saw Pearl's spear lodged in its eye, as it shook its head side to side, Pearl falling down onto the ground, some random person in her arms. "Pearl! I'll help!" Connie yelled, running over to it.

"Connie! Wait! You'll get-" Connie felt her sword slice the arm of the monster, but some weird sort of black goop instead of blood dribbled out. Another roar echoed out. "See Pearl? I can help!" She felt someone roughly yank her shoulder and jump away with her.

"Amethyst! Let me go! I wanna help!" Connie yelled, squirming. "Connie, wait. You don't know what we're up against!" Amethyst said. "Of course I do! It's another gem monster!" Connie pulled herself out of her grip and stood up, turning to face Amethyst.

"Do you wanna know how it got here?" Amethyst said. "Fine, I guess it's still occupied with getting the spear out of its eye." Connie reluctantly agreed. "Alright, but, before I tell you, forget everything we've told you about gem monsters."

"What!? Why?" Connie was genuinely confused. "You need to trust me when I tell you it's Steven." Amethyst said abruptly. Connie felt her heart stop. "H-how?" She choked, gripping her clothes.

"Didn't you see the horns? The eyes? Before he became this?" Amethyst urged. "I-I did." She turned, and stared at his head. "How did I not.." she fell to the ground, her hands covering her mouth. She felt sick. How could she attack Steven?

Someone softly patted her head. "Don't worry, Connie. We should've restrained you and told you sooner." Garnet said, offering her a hand. She accepted it, and felt herself be pulled to her feet.

"How are we gonna get him back to normal?" Connie asked, unable to stop a feeling of dread coming over her. "Bismuth, Lapis and Peridot and constructing a muzzle to help us capture Steven, and after we will think of ways to help him." Garnet responded.

"Alright." Connie picked up her sword. "MOVE!" Pearls voice screeched, and Connie suddenly felt herself flying through the air. She landed roughly and a cry of pain escaped her lips as shards of wood scraped against her skin.

Bismuth slammed the door open. "You two go get materials! I'll get the building equipment!" She ordered, jumping onto the warp pad. She had warped to their new home, which was another barn. She ran inside and carefully navigated around the meep-morps, looking for her building tools. Other than herself, of course.

"Ah ha!" She said, pulling a small box out from behind a mound of mud. She ran back. How lucky am I for it to be right there? She thought with a newfound sense of accomplishment.

She ran out onto the beach, patiently waiting for the other two gems to arrive. It didn't take long. "Bring them down here!" Bismuth yelled, softly waving her hands. They unloaded it, and went back to grab more as Bismuth began to work.

——————————————————

Sorry for the shorter Bismuth POV, but I don't know too much about building. Earlier chapter because you're all making me feel happy, and productive with your support, so enjoy!

- Salty

Splintering wood and crunching of bones

Paws thumping heavily against concrete

A figure sitting upon their rightful throne

Arguing echoing around in the darkness

Cries of rage being produced

They could see he was the fastest.