Chapter 32 ~ For Shaydon

Katherine's lustful gaze casted a shadow upon Collin's figure, eyeing him longingly. She hesitated before retreating to his lips, tingling from the breathtaking hypnotic sensation he put her under. Collin's hands squeezed tighter around her waist, tilting his head up, breath hitching. His eyes fluttered open, Kat's eyes were closed, lips glossed and slightly parted. When she opened her eyes, she expected Collin to be watching the people around them, but instead he stared at her. Studying the small and delicate features. He admired her for the subtle beauty, underneath her sharp eyes were her cautious ones. Hoping not to get hurt again.

Collin forced a grin, brushing the loose strands of hair that had fallen into her eyes. "You should really spend the night with me. My dad's outta town," he explained quietly. "I could really use your company." The smirk started to perk at his lips, eyes becoming twisted and playful.

Katherine's eyes fell to the grass, "I don't know-"

"You sure?" he added, disappointment crossing his expression. "I miss you, not gonna lie." 

"We haven't slept together in a while. Maybe that's what you miss, be a little more specific," she pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest.

Collin pursed his lips, sighing and look away from her fixated look on him. "Yeah, yeah, yeah..." Then surveying over to the church. "I'm gonna go check on Spencer and Reese," he asserted, giving one final kiss. He opened his mouth to say something, but then silenced himself. He pushed himself away, trekking towards the building.

Katherine jogged after, her fingertips grazed down his forearm, "Yes, dumbass?"

Collin gave her a look down, lip catching in between his teeth, "Well," he started. "You're kind of short."

Katherine's eyebrows flew up, "Excuse me-" Her sassy tone was just getting started, being fired up at the fact that he would point out something randomly like that.

"I'm gonna call you shorty."

"Why?" She shook her head, disgust written in her eyes, "And no you're not."

Several beats later, he spoke. "I think I am." He seemed definite of himself, very proud. "Too many people call you Kat, and Katherine's too long. So I need something. Besides, I doubt you're wanting me calling you hottie, sexy, or señorita love-bug-"

"I get your point."

"Good, see ya later shorty."

"Okay, doofus."

Collin stopped walking for a second, laughed, and then continued on his way. He pushed open the heavy doors to the church, entering the warmth inside, releasing a shaky breath as he scanned the room. Rubbing the palms of his hands together quickly, creating a friction of heat. His eyes watered from the instant hot and cold, skin going numb at the pink tint on his cheeks. He opened the bathroom door, hearing the two leap apart.

Spencer groaning soon after, "I actually hate you."

Collin shot a look between them, sarcasm dripping in his words, "Oh please, don't stop on my account." He wandered over to the sinks, turning the creaky faucet until a waterfall came flowing out, smacking against the porcelain sink. Collin's eyes watched the reflection of both their expressions go to bitter.

"Did Kat give you that hickey?" Reese wondered aloud, unamusement in his eyes, hands molded to his waist.

Collin straightened, tilting his chin to the side, eyeing the dark bruise on his neck, "No," he guessed, shutting off the water and ripping away a couple of paper towels, watching while Reese's face dropped even lower, possibly into a frown.
"You know... Maybe you should like actually date her-"