Chapter 26 ~ This Time

"Hey," she started softly, "We haven't talked in a while." Amber walked alongside Katherine, looking up through her eyelashes, adjusting her backpack straps.

"Tell me about it," Katherine agreed. "Which reminds me, I was kind of upset that I missed Reese's party not too long ago. How was it?" she asked casually, looking over to Amber in the hallways. Amber chuckled, shrugging her shoulders a bit at the question.
"It was fine, we just watched some wacked up movie, but that's about it," she brushed off. "Honestly... I hate to admit, but it felt almost unusual not hearing Collin's comments about every passing by girl on the screen," she playfully teased.

Katherine rolled her eyes, but before she could respond, the cocky voice appeared behind them. "You rang?"

"What did you hear exactly?" Katherine inquired bitterly, but Collin looked in between the two girls with an intrigued glance.

"Nothing to strike up any questions... But now, you've gotten me curious," he started lowly.

"Go back to whatever you were doing," Amber scoffed in a slight teasing manor, turning back to face Katherine.

"Why, thank you," Collin stated. "I was going to talk to Katherine." He motioned to the girl beside Amber. "Can I steal her quickly?"

Amber rolled her eyes, giving a sympathetic glance towards her, "I'll see ya in history." She smiled, giving a wave before heading off to her next class. Katherine crossed her arms, but Collin snatched at her wrist, dragging her into a nearby empty classroom, shutting the door and slamming her back up against the wall. She gasped, inhaling sharply at the quickness to it all.

"What the hell, Collin?" she charged bitterly, but he rolled his eyes.

Biting his lower lip seductively, "How about you and I have a little fun right now?" he suggested wearily, but she was persistent, shaking her head.

"Why don't you ask that redhead?" she bellowed, gently pushing him off her.

He scrunched his nose, "Are you kidding?" He laughed, shaking his head. "That was a one time thing, her and I... You on the other hand, is more  of committed thing, am I right?"

"What?" Katherine spat, shaking her head frantically. "I didn't agree to anything."

"Alright," he murmured. "How about we settle something now? You and I can be friends with benefits. When you need a distraction, hit me up, and vise versa?" he admitted with a faint grin. "Think about it, we help out with each other's needs?" he gave a devilish smirk.

She stared into his blue eyes for a long moment, "What's the catch?"

"There is none," he uttered "Just benefits. I mean, It really is a win win scenario," he chuckled, the sparkle in his eyes as he spoke the words. The excitement that raised in his tone, advancing towards Katherine with a raise of his eyebrow.

"And, hypothetically, if I agree to this, how many other girls do you do this sort of thing with?" she inquired, but he shook his head, expression turning to stern.

"I'm a fuckboy, not typically one for being committed with a girl, but you'll be the only person as of right now."

Katherine looked up through her eyelashes, "Non exclusive, right?"

"Non exclusive," he repeated back to her. "And at any point you can end it." He paused, waiting. His chin tilted to look down at Katherine with a hopeful gaze flickering in his eyes for a split second, before disappearing behind his hungry ones.

Katherine sighed, she'd been wanting to establish their relationship and the offer did sound convincing, but the more she thought about it, the more she became disgusted with herself. She couldn't fathom how many girls Collin has been with, not to mention the ones he slept with while he was messing around with her. She felt as if it was happening too fast, but she gave in to the temptation of the offer. "If I do... Let's say, agree to the offer. Will you swear on your life you wouldn't tell a soul?" she questioned.