Chapter 7 ~ Not Gay

Alex threw her duffle bag onto the bottom bunk, "I'm saying, if this doesn't boost our ego than what does?"

Katherine wandered the room for a moment, her eyes adjusting to the dim lights, narrowing in on the small picture frames of Spencer and his siblings standing beside a lake. She ignored Alex, studying the tiny room with two bunk beds on either side. "So, is his family okay with all this?"

Alex shrugged helplessly, "It seems like it." She sighed in relief, planting a seat down, crouching a bit underneath the top bunk. "I mean, think about it. There's so much drugs and alcohol here-His family probably supplies it. Mr. and Mrs.Montgomery are literal legends back at school. They're the head cheerleader and the quarterback type legend."

Katherine shook her head, licking her lips and dropping her gaze from the pictures. The door swung open catching their eyes as the silence weighed heavy.

Bianca's cheesy grin gave her bitterness a sweet aftertaste, "Hey roomies! How are you?" She waltzed in, Amber trekking behind. "Oh..." Her high pitched done dropping, "I don't sleep on the top bunks. Fear of heights, gets me a little nauseous." She directed the last sentence to Kat, almost ordering her to take the top bunk.

She raised a brow suspciously, "Why don't you sleep with Collin?"

Bianca rolled her eyes, "Are you seriously gonna think I'm sleeping with my ex..." She drawled out the words, huffing in a fit of frustration. "Sleep on the top, no more questions-"

Kat went to protest, but a familiar voice came from behind Amber. "Or she could stay with me?" the softness in his tone proved who it was. The girls parted, revealing Reese standing in the doorway.

"I would love that idea!" Kat exclaimed happily. "Can Alex come?" Receiving the eye roll from Reese was a signal for Kat, who nodded her heads towards Alex as a signal for them to go. Bianca stared after them, Amber watching with envy at how the nice and loving friends got to share a room. Meanwhile, she was stuck with Bianca.

Kat entered the room, Reese's stuff set at the bottom bunk, he gave a faint grin, "So. Are you ready for tonight?"

Alex raised a brow in curiosity, "What's tonight? Aren't we done for the day?"

Reese snorted a laugh, choking back his humor as he shook his head in denial. "Are you crazy? You guys seriously think that? Lemme tell ya, we're just getting started."

After a while of scanning over the place, windows blacked out with the night, Katherine had changed into plaid pajama pants and a tank top, following her lavender fleece jacket. Reese led the way to the back, an open field with a fire already in the making. Chairs surrounding the pit as if a sacrifice was ready to be made, Kat was honestly ready.

It seemed that Reese, Alex, and Kat were the last ones to arrive, since everyone was already gathered, laughing and half-wasted. They bundled up in their warm pajamas and sweatshirts.

Collin's eyes darted to Alex, "We were just playing a game. Wanna join us?" His eyes then looked over Kat and Reese. Who agreed without much thought. Signing an invisable contract and giving away their rights to their deepest and darkest secrets. "Truth or dare, Alex?"

With a moment passing over, Alex shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the spotlight shined on her from all angels. "Truth."

He nodded slowly, debating what to say, his nail resting on his bottom lip in temptation as he studied her. The heat from the fire engrossed them further into the atmosphere of the campfire, nothing could pull them out of the trance of drama. "Have you ever kissed a girl?" Collin questioned.

Alex tensed as if that was her answer. A simple gesture of fear, but Collin's smile only grew at the thought. Alex blinked slowly, the fire illuminating her emotionless mask. "Yes."