Extra Chapter- Hee-jin's Resolve

Kim Norae has been my friend since we were kids. We attended the same elementary, middle school, and high school. She even followed me at Seoul to study at the university. Too bad we admitted at different universities. I took Architecture and her too Business Administration following her sister's footsteps. Anyway, we somehow developed independence from each other.

Norae has the ability to make people around her be damned comfortable. She has an innocent smile and does not discriminate against people which sometimes I think dangerous. Even long before, she attracts people opposite to her attitude like delinquents of some sort. She can melt their hardened heart and made them realized their wrongdoings with her sweet and innocent smile and the way she talked to them without prejudice.  You may say that she is the embodiment of a Pure soul. 

I was a bit worried about being far away from her but soon enough. I let go of my fear thinking about how capable she is. Everything was doing great so far. During the second year, she had a boyfriend and looked truly happy.  I cheered for her. I never doubted that it will mess her studies along the run. Norae was a responsible kid. But one day, she came to me crying. I was shocked as it was my first time seeing her cry and it shattered me. Even a genius like me oversees that this kid could get hurt. I almost lost my temper and confront the person who badly hurt Norae. I never saw her so vulnerable. My heart cries for her. I wanted to curse the man but it won't do any good. I now Norae really loved him.

When Norae decided to take an off from school and went to Australia, I feel relief. I know that time and distance will heal her broken heart.

A year after, she returned looking okay and healthy. She seemed to move on already. One day, I asked her if someone was able to catch her eyes and attention. I was somehow hoping that there is so that she could be really happy. I am confident that she will never repeat the same mistake twice.

To my surprise, she answered yes, someone got her attention lately. What surprised me more was that someone was a girl and her name was Baek Sol-a. She said that they were in the same department and in the same year. They were not able to meet during the first year but they took off at school at the same time, went to the same country, and returned in the same semester. They met on the first day of the semester. What's more, is that they live in the same neighborhood at their buildings are just facing each other apart! What a pile of coincidence! Norae described her as beautiful, tall, and smells a nice person. What a perv! I even joked that she should give me time to accept that she is applying to transfer at the other team (liking the same sex). I am not being prejudiced here you know! 

I got the impression that this person was not just a "friend" to Norae. And when I finally met her, it seemed that Sol-a looked Norae at different light from just a normal friend.

Later, my impression was confirmed when Norae admitted to me that she fell in love with Sol-a. I was just surprising a little bit though. But what can I do? Of course, as Norae's closest and oldest friend, my resolve is this: I will continually support her no matter what!