Chapter 79

Sung-Pyo Oppa sat in front of me as he placed the coffee, he ordered for the both of us inside the coffee shop near the university.

"How are you these days?" He asked as he wears his usual smile. A long time ago, I fell in love with that smile. 

"I'm doing great! Are you going to enroll in this summer class?" I smiled too. It was like the old days.

"Yes. I am going to get credits and work a part-time job."

"That's great!" I answered as I sipped the iced coffee in front of me. Hmmm good. "So, what do you want to talk about Oppa? Thanks for this by the way!"

"Oh well, I just want to have time with you. It's been a long time we seat together like this," he answered happily. But I go see that he is somehow nervous. I flinched as his reply. I looked at him questioningly.

"Uhm say Norae, I maybe shameless to ask this but do you have a boyfriend right now?" he hesitantly asked. My guard suddenly up.

"Why do you ask?" I'm having bad feelings about it.

"Well, if you don't have, would you consider dating me again?" He looked at me with his earnest eyes.

Shookt! Norae felt conflicted.

"Say Oppa, do you still love me?" I asked as he looked at him straight to his eyes. I straightened my back waiting for his answer.

"My love for you remains the same Norae. I regretted it deeply how the two of us ended but I don't have the spine to stay with you at that time. I was too late to ask for your forgiveness and to beg for you to take me back again at that time. You already flew to Australia and I had to enter army training. I'm just thankful that we meet up once again. I was thinking that maybe it was fate."

"But that was already in the past."

"Don't you have any feelings left for me?" he sounds defeated. I stayed silent for a while as if confirming his question.

"I'm sorry. I don't think we can go back to the way we were back then."

"I know. I'm sorry that I asked you this shamelessly." His shoulder sank as he answered me. He bowed his head. "I was still hoping you would give me a chance."

Even seeing him like this, I don't feel guilty even an ounce. (Kim Norae, you are a scary child!)

"We could still be friends Oppa. If it's okay with you." (Again, Kim Norae, you're a brute.)

"Yeah... Let's." he smiled weakly. Norae, who hates conflict was unaware of how she just double killed Song-Pyo's, damaged heart. Sniff! 

"Well, since we are "friends", I heard that your friend is very famous here on campus." 

Huh? Why did he change his topic to Sol-a?  "Why are you interested Oppa?"

"Oh well..." he hesitantly continued. "I mean I am not to criticize but I heard a lot of rumors about her."

"It's not like you to listen to this kind of stories Oppa." my anger suddenly rises as I look at him.

"Yeah I know but as soon as I heard about it, I got worried thinking about you." he defensively answered which irritates me more.

"Don't!"

"But Norae-"

"I said don't! You don't have any rights to say things about who I am friends with. I know Sol-a and the rumors about her are not true at all. Don't you ever dare say things about her!" I angrily said. I could see his shocked face as I rendered him speechless. Since we knew each other for how many years already, but I think this is the first time for him to see me get angry. "Let's end this. I have to go." and I stand up and left him. I was still fuming with anger as I walked away from the coffee shop. I decided to go home. I snapped at him and I don't regret it. How foolish of him to say those words to me!

I took my phone out from my pocket when at the same time it rang. I smiled as I looked at the name that appeared on the screen.

"Sol-a, what's up?"

"Are you busy?"

"No, I'm on my way home."

"Okay, see you in a while then. Come to my house, I prepared dinner."

"Should I marry you, you are perfect to be my wife." I teased her. 

"Y-Yah Kim Norae! Don't say embarrassing things!" I heard her stammer which I laugh.

"See you later then." I'm sure she was flustered by now. I ended the call as I no longer think about what Song-Pyo said.