Chapter 70

Hee-jin unconsciously straightened her back upon hearing Norae's voice.

Uh-oh. I think this is serious. And so, she thought.

Norae was silent for a while. She was debating how much she could tell Hee-Jin. She felt suffocated with her emotions lately so she was considering telling Hee-Jin about it. She is not a tell-tale kind of person but it's bothering her right now. This isn't the first but it is different from her feelings with Song-pyu.

She gulped the beer first and looked at Hee-jin.

Hee-jin was surprised to see Norae's eyes. She immediately knew that this is a big deal.

"I think I'm attracted to someone really close to me."

Hee-jin was taken aback. "Oh dear, are you confessing to me Norae? Oh my gosh! I never thought that you like me that way."

"Eh? Are you an idiot? Of course not! Will you listen to me?"

Hee-jin laughed. She light-heartedly thrown the joke because she immediately feels where it leads.

"Okay. Okay. Sorry. Sorry. Please continue."

"You see, I don't know what to do with that person. I don't know where this feeling lead. It has been bothering me to the point of suffocation. Hee-jin, what should I do?"

"Tell me Norae, why did say that I might judge you?"

Norae was silent for a while. She avoided her eyes and bowed her head. She continues to drink the beer at hand and sighed. 

"Is it someone I know too?" (Hee-Jin)

"..."

"I will never judge you. You are my friend ever since we were young. I know you are not a tale-tell type of person. You always end up solving your own problems with your own. You avoid conflict as much as possible. It is seldom of you to be like this that is why I know that you are struggling with it. I am here Norae."

Norae is touched hearing Hee-jin's words and decided to open her heart.

Hee-jin was silent for a while after hearing Norae's confession. Though the truth was she already suspected it but hearing it from Norae is still quite shocking. To sum it all, Norae is confused with her feelings with Sol-a and she doesn't know what to do about it. But it seemed to Hee-Jin that Sol-a feels the same way with Norae. She noticed it the time they went together to their province. 

Should I tell her about it? But decided against it. She will just observe and watch. She will support Norae whatever her decision is.

"I'm glad you told me about what's bothering you Norae. My heart was already prepared to know you transferred to another team. Don't worry, I will always cheer for you!"

Norae laughed. Her heart was feeling light. She was thankful that her burden was lightened from opening up.

She decided that whatever path she chooses, it will always the right path for her. She will make it the right path. Her brother once told her that because the road was walked by many does not mean the right path. The right path is what you decide. And maybe one day she will have the courage to tell her how she feels.