Chapter 85

Days passed and summer classes begin. Sol-a's internship too made her busy. Both of their hectic schedules made it difficult to see each other. After their enjoyable and hot summer vacation, they spent the rest of the days separately. 

Norae's older sister, Kim Geu-rim, who studied abroad came for a short vacation so she has to stay at home on weekends. 

"I thought Sol-a was coming with you too?" Mama Kim asked Norae. She already took a liking with her the first time Sol-a arrived at their home to look for Norae.

"Oh, she wants to come here but she is a bit busy," Norae answered while taking a bite with her food.

"Who's Sol-a? Norae's girlfriend?" Geu-rim asked innocently though her whole persona was far from the word "innocent".

Norae almost chocked her food and her eyes widen at her sister.

"She's Norae's beautiful friend." Mama Kim answered while laughing. "I don't mind though if she will become our youngest's girlfriend. Hohoho."

"Mother!"  complained Norae. Her face is now flabbergasted. All of them just laugh at her.

"Hul. I should meet her once. I will accept her if she is prettier than me." her sister said while laughing too. Norae feels conflicted with her family's humor. It's so good to be true. However, it made her heart flutter of the possibility that they will accept her with Sol-a.

After the weekend, her sister came to Seoul with her for some business to attend to. She also decided to stay in her room for a day or two while attending her business. 

"And so that bastard smoothly talked to me and asked for my number. After he humiliated me during the meeting, that piece of shit! Why would I give him my number?!" Huff, Huff! Geu-Rim is known for her potty mouth.

"What does he looked like?" Norae asked. Her sister came complaining immediately she arrived that night. 

"Well-" she was stooped by a doorbell.

Ding dong.

"Who could it be?" Norae asked while answering the door. She was surprised to see Sol-a in front of her door. "Sol-a! What brought you here? Come in!" She did not expect to see her because of her busy schedule. She looked exhausted but at the same time beautiful. She was still wearing her company suit.

"Did I make it in a bad time?" Sol-a asked as she entered. She was surprised to see another person inside the room. 

"Oh no. This is my sister Kim Geu-rim. Unnie, this is my friend Baek Sol-a." Norae introduced each other.

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Sol-a greeted and held her hand. She looked at Norae's sister. She has a confident demeanor around her. She was also tall and beautiful.

"Oh, you are that Bael Sol-a. Nice to meet you too!" She accepted Sol-a's hand. "It is true that you are a beauty. Therefore I accept you." and winked at Norae.

"Unnie!" 

"W-what do you-" Sol-a too was startled.

"How about we have dinner together? My threat! Come on girls!" and she leads the way leaving the two people behind stood frozen. Geu-rim seemed to be in good mood abruptly. After a moment, both of them awakened from a daze and followed Geu-rim.

They stopped by the restaurant near their apartment. 

"Oh so you are now in the internship program? How was it?" Geu-rim asked. They were both talking casually as if they've known each other already.

"It was busy and challenging. We just finished the project that was assigned and our superior let go of us earlier than usual." Sol-a answered while eating.

"That is why you came. I was surprised to see you because I know how busy you are." (Norae)

"Yeah. Good timing though, I meet your sister."

"Do you have siblings too?" (Geu-rim to Sol-a)

"Yes. I have three older brothers."

"Oh, so you are like the princess in your family."

"Norae said the same before." Sol-a laughed recalling the exact same words of Norae.

"So Unnie, what were you talking about the guy that you met earlier? What does he look like?" Norae changed the topic.

  Hul! Sol-a's eyebrows knitted. Why is Norae interested in another guy?

"Ah that bastard? He does not look bad. He was tall but looks like a playboy. The type of guy who seemed to be a gift to all the girls they met."

"Oh, something like that happened?" Sol-a asked. 

"Yeah." Her phone rang. "Huh? It's an unknown number, who could it be? What a moment I have to answer it." picked up the phone and answered. "Yes? Who? Baek Hyung-Woo? No. I think you got it wrong--. What?? How did you get my number?!" she covered the mouthpiece and excused herself to go out.

"Baek Hyung-woo?" Sol-a asked surprisingly hearing the name.

"Hmmm? You know someone with that name?"

"Ah, yes but it is a common name. Maybe it's not the same person." Sol-a just shrugged the feeling. Later, Geu-rim came back uttering more profanity words than before.

"I wonder what that person does," Norae whispered to Sol-a who was also wondering the same. 

"When are you going back abroad?" (Sol-a asked)

"I will be scheduled next week. After finishing my business here, I have to go back. I was lucky to be assigned to this project and immediately applied for a short vacation. I might stay there after I finished my Doctor's degree."

They talked for a little bit and bid good night with each other.

"Well then, I'm glad to meet you Sol-a. Please take care of my cute little sister for me."

"Unnie!"

"Pleased to meet you too. And don't worry about Norae, she's in good hand!"

"S-Sol-a!"

And they both laughed ignoring Norae's embarrassment.