Chapter 2

"Have you noticed that Slytherins never date?" Ron Weasley asked out loud as he looked at a group of Slythins from the seventh year.

 All September had gone and passed and the foreign students hadn't arrived yet. Everything was as usual except that there weren't Quidditch practices or tryouts.

"Maybe they just don't show it?" Neville Longbottom said with shrug.

"No, but seriously. From time to time we see people kissing in the corners or we hear rumours of people dating or we see a couple holding hands... those people are never Slytherins..."

"So?" Hermione asked him. "Why does it matter? We all know they are cold so maybe Neville is right and they just don't show affection."

"Nah, it can't be that? Can it? I mean, they are cold but not heartless... at least among each other."

"You know... all of you are a little bit right," a girl with brown hair said out of nowhere, making them all jump. "But still missing something."

"What do you want?" Harry asked annoyed.

"Nothing, Potter," she told him with a grin. "Just found your conversation a little bit interesting and it's funny..."

"What's funny?" Neville asked.

"Nothing," she said grinning. "Nevermind."

The girl was the typical Slytherin. Pureblood and proud of it. Rich. Her last name held importance and honour. She obviously disliked everyone outside Slytherin and didn't like anyone who wasn't a Pureblood. She was proud and most of all, arrogant. And from Harry's experiend, mean and even cruel at times.Harry even found it weird that they sort of had a nice conversation with her at the moment. She usually mocked them and called them names, specially to Hermione for coming from a muggle family.

"She's just messing around," Hermione said as the girl walked away. "She wanted to play with our heads."

But Ron didn't agree with her and he kept thinking about the topic. It didn't matter to him at all, or at least it shouldn't but he was curious. He had liked girls, Harry too. His sister, Ginny, had even had her first boyfriend already. He was paying more attention to all 'love' related things and realized how Slytherins would never date.

He kept studying the Slytherins and for the following week didn't see a single one holding hands, or flirting or even being close in that way to another Slytherin. It was weird.

Ron saw the brunette sitting in front of the lake one late afternoon, and decided to approach her. His curiosity was killing him and it wasn't like her words or anyone's bother him anymore, so what could he lose?The girl turned to look at him as she heard his footsteps and immediately rolled her eyes at the redhead.

"What's up, Weasley?" she snapped.

"It's about what we talked last week.... about you know... Slytherins not dating."

"Why?" she said looking straight into Ron's blue eyes. "Are you interested in a Slytherin?"

"No," he said quickly. "Just curious."

"Still don't get what's this obsession you have..." she said with a chuckle. "Go find yourself a girlfriend and mind your own business."

"You said all of us were right in a way," Ron said, ignoring her. "So, basically, Slytherins are cold and they don't date but when they do they don't show it? That's basically what we all said."

"You got it," she said with a smirk. "Now leave me alone."

"It can't be it, though. Can it?" Ron said and he heard her sigh.