59

Two days later, on Friday, Draco wasn't the only one missing Quidditch practice, but also Jade. She put Timothy on charge of the four remaining players and himself. She told them she was sick.

Truth was that she couldn't concentrate after the bomb that was dropped. She was so distracted that she excused herself from classes, claiming she didn't feel well and even forgot it was her birthday.

She went to her dorm before lunch to find several gifts on top of her trunk. They were from her parents (Probably bought and sent by house-elves or employees), Cassius and the Perseus. Olisca, the Weasley twins, Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Malfoy.

Ron and Harry had also given her a present after lunch. And Draco waited until 16:00 to give her another present and spent the rest of the evening with her. They talked a lot, not sad things though as that was Draco's rules. They had a lot to catch up.

Draco laughed loudly at something Jade said. Blaise, who was nearby, noticed that his two friends were once again talking to each other and to Pansy's misfortune, she also noticed. She had been after Draco despite him pushing her away every time and being told he didn't like her at all, not even as a friend, but she could be dense as Crabbe and Goyle sometimes.

~*~~*~~*~

It was the start of February, it had been a few days since Draco and Jade had started talking again. They sat together during meals and during certain classes. It was hard not to notice that they were on good terms again. And after their match against Ravenclaw they hugged when Draco caught the snitch, all school saw them.

Harry was the first to notice it all, the day after her birthday he saw them talking outside by the lake and then saw them together once again for lunch.

"Jade," he started. They were once again in the library working on something for Potions. "I'm just concerned here... I think you shouldn't hang out with Malfoy anymore."

"Why?" Jade asked, not looking at him but Harry knew she was a bit upset by her tone.

"Well, he treated you so badly and insulted you... and the things I've told you..."

"Those were speculations," Jade said quickly. "Dumbledore didn't take it as serious, did he? And Mr. Weasley didn't find anything in his house when he raided it."

"There's something else."

"What?"

"I heard him and Snape speaking... he wanted to assist Malfoy."

"What did you expect?" Jade said, finally looking at Harry and raising her voice a bit. "Lucius is in Azkaban, has been all year and no one knows when he will be out. Snape is a very close friend of the family and he he cares about Draco, of course he wants to assist him... He feels like it's his duty now with Lucius gone. He has even offered me some kind of help with my brother and all."

"This was different, Jade."

"How do you know? Did you hear him saying he was working for Voldemort? Either of them?"

"No, but..."

"I've known Draco all my life! We both wanted to run away together... from all that bullshit. He is not like that!"

Harry was taken aback. He never thought Jade would actually run away with him... It bothered him, he didn't know why but it did. Jade could notice his anger and frustration.

"Could that have been a trap?"

"No!" Jade yelled, earning looks. "It was my idea, okay? He was willing to come with me. You know now that I'm a year younger than all of you, he thought I was too young to be on my own. It was unfair on my part to ask such a thing from him."

"Wanted? As you don't want it anymore? What happened?" Harry asked and Jade shrugged.

"I chickened out," Jade admitted, that part was true. "I got scared thinking of what could await us out there. Betraying your family and giving up everything is not easy. I thought it would be but when the time came I couldn't. I wasn't ready."

"Are you now?"

"I think so," Jade replied. "Dumbledore said it himself, I'm more skilled than all of my classmates. I know spells and jinxes and potions that most students don't. I can apparate, learnt in less than ten days and I could do nonverbal spells before any of you, it came natural, though," Jade told him. "So why stay here another year? I don't need it."

"Dumbledore actually told you that?" Harry asked perplexed. "When was this?"

"A few weeks ago," Jade said with a shrug.

"So you had the meeting with him?" Harry asked incriminatingly.

"I did," Jade said, deciding not to lie. "He told me to keep it to myself. As you might not remember you weren't the only person that found a prophecy with their name on it. Just as yours, Dumbledore heard mine and he told me about it. I decided to lie, to say I didn't see him instead of telling you that I couldn't share the information."

"I've told you about my lessons with Dumbledore, all he's shown me!"

"Then ask him if you can know about this? I want to tell you! I really do, it's been hard keeping it to myself. If Dumbledore hadn't told me to keep it a secret I would be telling you right now!" Jade exclaimed. "Maybe Dumbledore himself can tell you!"

"Does Malfoy know? Ron?"

"No one knows. The first person I would tell, would be you. Then Ron."

"Why me?" Harry asked, blushing slightly.

Because it concerns you as well.

"Because you also have a prophecy and you know what it's like. Because you could understand. Because it's fair to share that information with you. You told me a bit about yours so... Anyway, you seem to see Dumbledore more often than anyone, so ask him if I can tell you. If he says yes, I will."

"Is it bad?"

"As bad as yours..." Jade whispered. "I've been having nightmares about it. And it seems that since Dumbledore told me, I haven't been able to hear thoughts anymore. Not at will, not by accident. It's gone."

"I thought you couldn't get rid of it."

"Snape said that with extreme stress two things could happen, either go mad and hear everyone around me or not hear anything at all... I admit it's been too quiet lately. I feel like something is missing. Like I lost a part of myself."

"Do you think you lost it for good?"

"I hope not... it was handy at times."

"Have you told someone?"

"No."

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I was thinking of making a video with Harry/OC Draco/OC and Ron/OC but I don't have time lately and I don't who to use or what story line to do.

I was making a Multicouple video but if I use the girl I want with Ron I need to convert like 30 episodes of a show so I could use them with my Video editing program and I honestly don't want to do that right now.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter, even when it's a bit short. Let me know what you think.