3

"You were with a Gryffindor earlier today," a blonde haired boy said to Jade. She rolled her eyes at him.

"So?"

"So?" he asked outraged.

"It's just school, Lex, calm down," she said lying to him. "It's this stupid project, that's all."

"Hmm," he muttered. "Mother and father wouldn't like it."

"Then talk to my teachers!" Jade exclaimed. "It's not my fault I got paired with him and I'm not going to get a bad grade because of it, they don't like bad grades either."

"Okay, whatever."

Sometimes Jade couldn't understand how her older brother could have been chosen as Head Boy. He was a prefect when he was in fifth grade and Head Boy now that he was in his seventh year. There were so many people who could do the job better, or that's what Jade thought.

Unfortunately for Jade, he had the power and had a lot of people watching her. He claimed she was his little sister and he needed to look after her, specially during these difficult times but that meant no privacy for Jade.

Lexion was a handsome guy with deep green eyes and a smile to melt for. If he asked with a smile, even a Gryffindor would do whatever he asked them. Sometimes even their parents fell for that smile and those eyes and Jade hated it, as she wasn't gifted with that.

She tried to persuade people like he did but was very unsuccesful, instead she learnt to mock, prank, and threaten people, so if people did something for her it was out of fear, not charm.

It wasn't like Jade wasn't pretty, because she really was. Her eyes were unique and her features were delicate and put together, they made her beautiful, but she just couldn't use it to her advantage, to charm and manipulate people like Lexion did.

"Patrick Clearwater," Ron said a week later to Jade during one of their classes together, Jade looked confused for a second but then remembered their talk by the lake.

"Seriously?" she asked raising her eyebrow and she sounded offended. "He wasn't even an option for my parents and even if they had the status, which they don't, they don't have good genes."

"Give me a clue then!" Ron whispered. "All I know is that he is in Slytherin and must be either in our year or above. We are talking about at least fifty guys!"

"Alright," Jade said.

"He is blonde."

"What? Is that it?"

"Yes."

"Do you know how many blond guys are there?"

"There are more guys with brown hair than blonde..." Jade said shrugging. "And he is not in our year. So that leaves guys from fifth, sixth and seventh year."

"Bloody brilliant."

~^~

A few days later Jade was in the Great Hall surrounded by six other people, all of them older than her and all of them were guys. Draco Malfoy was next to her, the only person who was in the same year as her. Then there were two guys to her right, both in the sixth grade, Miles Bletchley and Graham Montague. In front of them there were three other guys, Lucian Bole, Cassius Perseus, and Lexion Lias, all of them seventh graders.

The seven of them made up the Slytherin Quidditch team, with Lexion Lias being the Captain, Perseus and Bole were the beaters. Bletchley was the keeper. Montague, and the Lias siblings were the chasers, and Malfoy the seeker.