17

Jade wasn't just tired. She was jet-lagged. She got to her house at 4:00 a.m., then packed her school supplies, uniform, books and other personal stuff. Had a quick shower, had breakfast and then she went with a man she didn't know to London, he worked for her father. Her parents went straight to bed and Lexion was done with school so it was just her this time.

She got to King's Cross at 10:35 a.m., and the man vanished as soon as they were close of the platform. She was glad as he was creepy. She went inside the Hogwarts Express quickly, not caring about finding her friends or Draco, she only wanted to sleep.

She was about to fall asleep when Channel and Chantel walked in, Jade cursed in her head but managed to fake a smile as they sat in front of her. They started to talk no stop about gossip but she wasn't even sure what they were saying to her, Jade's eyes and her brain were literally shutting down.

When she opened them again, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were there too and they were only fifteen minutes away from Hogsmeade. She felt disorientated and even more tired.

"You look like a mess," Draco told her.

"I got home at four in the morning and I hadn't slept in like forty hours, I don't even know with the time difference."

Draco, Jade, Crabbe and Goyle got into a carriage once they arrived. Draco put his his hand on top of hers, taking the chance that it was dark and they were with some idiots that wouldn't notice even if they started snogging right in front of them. Jade turned to look at him and smiled.

"I missed you, you know?"

"I missed you too."

This was the first time Jade had spent most of the summer away. One week in Greece, almost three in America and about two in Surrey with Ron. That left about two-three weeks left.

"How was America?"

"I don't know what was worse... spending a week with my future sister-in-law and her family or almost being bit by a shark."

"What?"

"Yeah, I was swimming in California and a shark appeared. Bit a woman nearby, there was a lot of blood. I read in the Muggle newspaper that she got her leg amputated. But she made it."

"How you got a Muggle newspaper?"

"I'm telling you someone lost a limb.... the newspaper part isn't important!" Jade exclaimed. "But now that you mention it, it's weird, you know? The pictures don't move, I stared at them for like forever and none of them moved."

"Okay," Draco muttered not knowing what to say. He wasn't interested in Muggle things.

They got to Hogwarts and the two of them sat together, it was until then that she saw Ron and his friends and family. They hadn't seen her as their backs were facing her.

She didn't pay attention to the first years sorting, she was too sleepy and she couldn't care less but she paid attention when this new teacher that looked like a frog actually interrupted Dumbledore when he was giving the usual speech during the start of term.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizard of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school," she said. "Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

"I don't like her," Jade said simply. "And she is from the Ministry of Magic, you know this is because of what happened, right?"

"So?" Chantel asked.