72

Jade walked out of Snape's office, feeling a bit unsettled. Nevertheless, she ran to the third floor where she hoped to find Ginny or someone from the D.A. club on that floor or on her way there but couldn't find anyone.

She went to her dormitory then, and got a piece of parchment and quill. She knelt in front of her trunk and started writing.

Ginny,

Neville can explain what happened. I got detention. I'll be away for five days at least. You're in charge. You know what to do.

J.L.

Jade quickly folded it in eight and put a spell on it, if anyone who wasn't Ginny opened it, they would suffer really bad burns in their eyes and the note would burn itself.

She then quickly grabbed her phoenix egg and ran to the boys' dorm. She found Draco, Blaise and a third Slytherin.

"Out, now!" Jade instructed and the two boys left immediately. After that day they wouldn't dare make Jade angry. "I need two favours," Jade told Draco when both guys were out of the dorm and she used Muffiato on the door so no one could hear.

"What did Snape do? Are you getting expelled?"

"No. Apparently you can't get expelled anymore. Fantastic, isn't it? Anyway, I need you to give this to Ginny Weasley. Only her. Don't try to open it, I enchanted it. Not because I don't trust you but because I don't trust anyone else."

Draco nodded and Jade handed him the small piece of parchment, where she basically was telling Ginny to be in charge of the D.A. meetings and to teach them to protect themselves.

"And this," Jade said, showing Draco the Phoenix Egg. "If it hatches I need someone to look after it. Don't let anyone see it."

"Is this...?"

"A Phoenix egg," Jade said quickly as she handed the sapphire egg to Draco.

"It can take years for it to hatch," Draco said.

"I know," Jade said, nodding. "But I'm hoping for it to hatch way sooner. Now if you excuse me, I need to go back to my room."

"Wait!" Draco said, quickly putting the egg and the note on his bed.

Draco went after her, turned her around. Jade was frustrated as she thought Draco was going to scold her more but instead he kissed her. It was a quick, short kiss but it made Jade smile.

"I'll be away for a week... do you think you can... you know?" Jade said with a shy smile.

Draco sadly smiled but nodded, leaning in, kissing her once again. This time Jade wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. Instinctively, Draco's hand wrapped around her waist. Jade ended up against the door of the boys' dormitory.

Draco then pulled away, breathing hard and then with lust in his eyes, leaned in again but this time his lips didn't meet hers. He kissed her jaw, then moved slowly down to her neck. He had never done that before and Jade couldn't deny it felt good.

Draco stopped and went back to her lips, she gladly kissed him back. Things were getting a bit heated and uncontrolled in there.

"Jade!"

"Ignore them," Draco whispered in between kisses.

"Jade!"

"No, I've got to go. Snape is waiting for me. You're in charge of the Quidditch team, Draco, and... I guess I'll see you in a week," Jade told him, forcing a smile.