35- secrets

Everything slowed down. It was almost like the world paused for the time being. I look at Harry and snap my fingers in his face but get no reaction. My head slowly turns to the person that caught us who was now standing in the doorway in their labcoat. Their face showed that they were in total shock, jaw almost touching the ground and all. Of course it had to be Caitlin that found out first... This is going to change everything!! The way Caitlin sees me and what if she tells everyone?! It wasn't supposed to get out like this. Then again, it does feel like a small weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Maybe she didn't see us kiss??

"YOU GUYS JUST KISSED!!" Welp.

Harry was still frozen but I could tell he just didn't know what to do.

"Uhhh... I honestly don't know what to say." I really didn't. None of this felt real.

"Dang it.." She said.. in defeat?

"Huh?" Both me and Harry said together.

"Oh. I um. Iris. I owe her 20 bucks now."

"You had a bet?" I sounded calm but I was SCREAMING on the inside. "With Iris?" She nodded. "About whether we were together or not?"

"Mhm.. And she obviously won." She shrugged.

"Well.. You technically won. We're uh.. we're not in a relationship so like..." My voice trailed off.

That was the moment where Harry came back to life. He looked over at me in complete confusion. Was I wrong though? One second he's completely into me, the next he's basically ignoring me. "Okay, fine. It's complicated."

Harry seemed okay with this answer and gave Caitlin a slight nod. I immediately felt really uncomfortable and was about to change the subject when Caitlin turned around and tried to walk away. I stopped her of course, leaving Harry behind probably confused out of his mind.. "Hey! You can't tell anyone Caitlin."

"Not even Iris? She basically knows already and plus, she's like your best friend."

"I know I know. I tell her everything.. except this." Imaginary light bulb! "I have an idea! How about we have a sleepover at my place and I'll tell her then."

"That would be great. I'm sure she'd love that!" Caitlin didn't sound excited at all and she started to walk away again.

"Caitlin." She paused then turned back to look at me.

"Yeah I know.. I won't tell anyone. I promise."

"No. I was going to say 'You do know that you're also invited, right?'"

Her eyes lit up. "Wait really? What time? What should I wear? I usually don't get invited to these sort of things."

"What? You've slept over my place before!"

"Yeah but that was because it got too late and I think it was snowing that day and-"

I quickly walked over and put my hands on her shoulders so she would look at me. "Well, consider yourself officially invited to a sleepover at my place."

She still looked conflicted. "What is it Caitlin?" She opened her mouth to say something but I immediately cut her off. "If you're going to say that you have work to do or something.. Don't. You're coming and that's final."

"Okay, then. YAY!"

I smile to myself and Caitlin finally walks away. When I turn around to go back to Harry, he's already behind me. "Hey."

"Hey." He swallowed hard. "So uh.. What did she- what did Caitlin say?" I have never seen this man, the smartest man in the multiverse, fumble over his words look so.. worried? Nervous?

"She promised to keep our secret." He sighed the biggest sigh of relief I have ever seen. This next part will be hard for him to swallow then. Well, here we go. "But.."

"But? But what? Why is there a 'but' involved?"

"So like... Tonight I'm having Caitlin and Iris over." I paused for a moment.

"Okay, and?" His face completely changed once he realized what I was insinuating. "No. Absolutely not."

"What?? She's my bestfriend. I have to tell Iris."

"No, because then she'll feel the need to tell Barry and then Barry will want to tell Cisco because 'it's the right thing to do'." Harry used air quotes and I almost laughed out loud because of how dumb he looked but also because that's exactly what Barry would do. "And then everyone would know so- Are you laughing?"

Oops. I quickly made myself stop giggling. "What, no... Okay, look." I grabbed Harry's arms just like how I grabbed Caitlins shoulders and I looked into his eyes. Granted, I did need to look up because I mean.. Harry: tall. Luna: smol. "Everything is going to be okay. I promise you. Iris won't tell anyone else, i'll make sure of it."

He still looked a little uneasy about the whole thing so I put my hand on his cheek and spoke more softly. "Do you trust me?"

"With my entire existence."

I smiled. He's so sweet sometimes. "Then that's that!" I went on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "See ya later!" He put his hands in his pockets and just smiled at me as I walked away.

Time for this sleepover.
No big deal.
Its not like i'm freaking out or anything.

—————————————————————————
A/N
uhhh hi
im sooooo sorry ! it's been way too long.
a lot has happened since the last time i uploaded
i finished summer classes, my medical condition got pretty out of wack, and uh i mean that's it lol
i also thought about ending this story since i wasn't really motivated before but i'm going to try my best to continue.
anyways i'm sure y'all aren't even gonna read this ha ha
side note: THANK YOU FOR 28k READS!! i have been paying attention and have been noticing all of the reads and votes and i'm so thankful!
ily all so much! stay healthy and wear a mask
k bye