37- a bit of a stretch

The next morning I was the first to wake up.. or so I thought.

Iris and I fell asleep at around 2:30 am after talking all night about Harry, the new threat we're facing, and her wedding. We relocated an exhausted Caitlin to the air mattress so we could sit on my bed and continue talk without disturbing her.

When I woke up this morning, I groggily turned over and peered down at the air mattress to the left of my bed. Once I saw Caitlin still fast asleep, I began to slowly turn back over.

"Iris, are you awake?" I whispered. But when I turned fully, she wasn't there anymore. There was a note on the pillow instead.

Went to the lab early! I had so much fun last night and I feel so lucky to have you guys in my life. Sleep well.

xo, Iris

Smiling a bit to myself, I grab my phone to check for any unread messages.

9:13 AM from Loco Cisco Disco🪩: come to the lab already omg

9:42 AM from Loco Cisco Disco🪩: where are you?!?!

9:50 AM from Loco Cisco Disco🪩: LUNA WAKE UP

Oh come on.. I checked the time and its 10:14. Yikes. It is late already.

"Ughhhh.."

"Oh great! You're awake Caitlin." No response. Did she really fall back asleep? She's usually a morning person. "Caitlin??" I look over at Caitlin again. "Caitlin wake up. We have to go to work."

Her eyes suddenly open and they're blue? Oh.. Killer Frost. I watched as her hair began to transform into a silvery/platinum blonde color.

Killer Frost bounces up into a kneeling position and shoots her palm facing towards me, getting ready to fire. I slowly scooch to the foot of my bed and stand up fully, keeping eye contact with her the entire time and talking slowly.

"Caitlin.. I know you're in there.." Killer Frost reacts with a low growl of annoyance and her eyes grow brighter as her hand now has ice forming in it. "Okay!! Okay. Not Caitlin. Look, it's getting late and me and Cait-" An unsteady look from Killer Frost causes me to hesitate. "I meant that I need to get to work.."

Suddenly I did something that I didn't know was possible. I felt this power begin to grow in me. It started in my stomach and spread all around my body, quickly, until it reached my brain.

Killer Frost furrowed her brow in confusion and tilted her head closer to me. I guess it just sort of happened without me even trying, but all I did was think in my head: Caitlin resist it and come back. Before it fully reached her mind, Killer Frost spoke.

"Hm. I like you." Then she quickly shut her eyes and her roots turned back to brunette and slowly returned to her normal hair.

"Caitlin?" I asked cautiously.

"Did she just say she likes you??"

"I guess so.. But Caitlin-"

"Can we pretend that didn't happen?"

As someone that hid her powers from a lot of people for a while, I understood. "Yeah, sure." She gave me a sad smile in response. "Let's get to work, though. It's late already. You okay?"

"Yes. Just a headache. It'll go away. This always happens."

I gave her an unsure look but decided to leave it alone. She has to figure this whole thing on her own. Like I did. I fully understand what she's thinking right now.

~At S.T.A.R. Labs~

Caitlin and I walk into the cortex drinking coffee and laughing about what happened last night.