33- closure

"I don't understand."

"You will when you're older, my love." She pushed loose hair behind my ear. "Echora! When the time is right, show her everything."

"As you wish."

"Mama. Please don't make me."

She let go of my hand, stood up and slowly backed away.

"Mama! No!"

"No!" I sit up in my bed and look around to find that I am, in fact, not even on my bed. I'm hovering over my bed. Well... that's new. I attempt to lower myself back into my bed, but I instead completely drop down, almost breaking the wooden legs that already needed fixing in the first place. Oops. "Echora?"

"Yes Miss Luna?"

"I told you not to let me fall asleep."

"Although you are from another planet and do not need the required sleep that humans do, you do still eventually need sleep as well. It is proven that people who sleep roughly 7 to-"

"Okay. Okay. I get it." I lean onto my hands behind me and allow my head to drop back with weight out of pure frustration. I think to myself for a moment: What am I missing? There's a piece of this story missing. After a few minutes of going over each individual piece of the information I do have, I begin feeling overwhelmed and give up. Why must everything be so difficult? I look over at the clock beside my bed— a small pink cube that, when you pat the top, it glows pink— and I read 5:03 am. Wonderful. Just wonderful. I guess i'll go to the lab and train or something.

~

In the speed lab, I take a few laps and do some cardio. I don't know why I exercise. Exercising doesn't affect me. Although, I guess it helps clear my mind. I can't remember the last time I had a clear mind, though. It's always cluttered with my insecurities and doubts and issues with people in my life. I look around the room and my eyes land on my pod, which is still on top of a table in the corner of the room waiting for someone to acknowledge it. There's a paper inside of the pod that I never really noticed before. You can tell straight away that it's from another planet just by the coralish color of the paper and the kind of handwriting used. I suddenly remember when I was at home and mami said something about a note that came with my pod. I guess I never really got to read it nor did I even want to read it.

Hesitantly, I walk over and rest my hands on the table just a few inches in front of the pod.

"Screw it." I open up the pod and take the paper out, carefully unfolding it. You can tell that it was written with haste, yet the handwriting was still extremely neat. Finally, I read it:

𝑀𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑎,
𝑀𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑. 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡. 𝑁𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑎𝑡𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑝ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑥𝑖𝑐 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜. 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ. 𝑅𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑒 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟?
𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑜 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐷𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑝 𝑡𝑜 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ, 𝐸𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑁𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼, 𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐸𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑊𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑒𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑠.
𝑂𝑛 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑤, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑙 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝐸𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑠.
𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ. 𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑜. 𝐷𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑠. 𝑊𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡.
𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦,
𝑀𝑜𝑚

I glide my hand over the note and close my eyes, allowing the tears that were building up, to fall. I miss then so much.. But I also know that they did what they thought was right. This note gave me the closure and answers that I needed about that day. I let out a shaky breath and feel a calmness consume me, something I haven't felt in years.

"Oh, uh.. Sorry, Luna. I didn't know you were in here. I can just uh.."

Harry. I've been putting my anger in all the wrong places. Sure Harry has made some mistakes, but I need to stop dwelling on what happened and try to be nice to him.

I quickly wipe my tears and put the note back into the pod in a way that it wouldn't be visible, then quickly turn around. "No. It's okay. I was just training and took a little break. You can stay if you want."

~Harry's POV~
She turns around and says something to me, but all I see is the fact that her eyes are puffy from crying. They are quickly returning to their normal state. That doesn't change the fact that she was crying. All I want to do is hold her in my arms and ask her if she is okay, but after everything that has happened.. after what happened between us and how complicated it was getting... she probably doesn't feel the same about me anymore.

~Lunas POV~
I see worry flash over his face and my hands consciously go to my face to feel my swollen eyes that were currently still healing. I look down at my feet and let my arm fall back to my side. Harry was always there for me before, but things are different now. Even though I want to run into his arms and stay there forever, we're in an awkward situation. And who knows, he's probably losing his feelings for me anyways. If he had any to begin with.

"Do you need help?"

I lift my head up to look at him and furrow my brows. Help with what?

As if he read my mind, he replies, "With training. Do you need help with training?

Luna.. be careful here. There's a difference between being nice to him and becoming attached again. Say no. You can train by yourself. You weren't even training to begin with!

"Uh, sure!" Why. Literally why did I just say that..

"Alright let's get to it!"

——————————————————————————
A/N
hii
don't be mad ! i've been really really busy with college and such
this doesn't necessarily mean i'm back to updating like every 2-3 weeks but here's a chapter because i luh u guys and all the support i've received !
almost 13k reads.... that's totally insane.. u guys are awesome:)
see u soon (hopefully)
ily all sm