29- duet

put a little love in your heeaartt

~A few days later~

I look down at Barry and Kara and can't help but let my mind wander to the fact that, if we lose them both, both Earths are screwed. Selfish. I know. But like I said, I couldn't help the thought from forming in my head. This Music Meister really did a number on them.

"You doing okay?" I look over to see Caitlin with a worried look on her face.

I smile slightly. "Yeah. I'm okay. How 'bout you?"

She turned her head to look Barry and Kara. "I'll feel better once I figure this out."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "We'll figure it out." She puts her hand on top of mine but doesn't look at me. "I'm gonna go check on what they're planning." Caitlin didn't answer. I already knew she was trying to figure something out in her head. I would love to stay and help, but if the guys need my help out in the field, I should be there. Ever since I got these powers and remembered my past, I feel like it's for a reason. Like this is what's supposed to happen. But at the same time... what if i'm not good enough? I shake my thoughts for the moment. There are way more important things to worry about right now. I lean on the door frame and look at all of the guys, including one of Kara's friends and... her boyfriend? I don't know. He said they kiss a lot.

I looked at the screen and saw Music Meister using some of Kara's powers to get into Central City Bank. Great. At that moment, Wally sped in. I walked down the small ramp and stood in between Cisco and Wally.

Mon-El spoke up. "We gotta bring him in."

"No, not we. Me," Wally replied. "I'm the reason Barry got whammied."

I softly touched his arm. "That's so not true, Wally. You did what you could." I let my arm fall to my side. "I wish I could have been there to help."

Cisco looked at both of us. "We win and we lose as a team."

I just nodded and looked down. When Barry and Kara got whammied, I was at my apartment working on nanotech for my suit. Caitlin had to call me and tell me to rush down to the lab. By the time I got there, it was too late.

"I'm coming with you." Cisco stated.

"I'm coming too." J'onn spoke firmly. I like him. He reminds me of my dad, (the one on Neptune). He's a strong leader that everyone loves and follows without hesitation.

"Look, John, uh, I respect this whole special agent situation you got going on," Gosh Cisco I would stop talking if I were you. J'onn looked over to Mon-El like 'this kid is about to be amazed', "but this problem right here needs someone with..." John shifts into his Martian form. "... green skin and a sick-ass cape."

I look at Cisco and Wally, confused. "Wait. Y'all didn't know he was a Martian?" They shook their heads. "I sensed it the moment I met him."

Cisco looked at me in disbelief. "Okay. We'll just have to talk about that later."

Caitlin runs out to let us know about Barry and Kara's vitals and my face must have shown how worried I was, because Wally softly grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I simply looked up at him and gave him a soft smile. He's been so kind to me. I thought that after our breakup we would be awkward around each other. But he's been extremely kind and just such a good friend. He gives me a quick nod then turns to everyone else. "Let's go."

Everyone is getting suited up and I just give Cisco a little smirk.

"What..? Why are you looking at me like that, Lu Lu?"