12- unexpected

We finally beat Zoom, (which I knew was Jay but no one wanted to believe me).

All was quiet in STAR Labs. Mostly because we were all traumatized from half of the team getting kidnapped every other day.

I decided I would come in everyday really early so I could workout, study, and clean up the lab since we've been... uh let's just say busy.

I was typing away on the computer trying to get a new update to work that Felicity sent me. I was so focused, I didn't even hear anyone come in.

"Hey, Luna. What are you doing here so early?" Wally West. He tries to act all tough on the outside, but he is most definitely a ball of fluff on the inside.

"Oh, hey! I could ask you the same thing Wallace." He softly chuckled while looking down at his feet. "I'm just trying to get this update to work... Ha! Got it!"

I looked up to find Wally with his eyes already fixed on me. He realized he was staring and quickly turned his head.

Ever since Wally showed up in Central City, we automatically clicked and got really close. Everything got harder though once we made stopping Zoom our full time jobs. I had to keep secrets from him like how Barry is the Flash and why I was always at the lab. Once he found out and was caught up on everything, a huge weight was lifted off my chest and I could finally be more open with Wally.

"So what's up Wally? I haven't really seen you in a while." I stood up and walked around the computers to where he was standing. Leaning back on my hands, I sat on the edge of the desktop.

"Yeah, I guess it has been a while, hasn't it?" I nodded in response and he crossed his arms. "Well, i've been pretty busy with college lately I guess."

We stayed in a comfortable silence. I knew there was something he wanted to say, but he was hesitating.

"What's on your mind, Wally?" I grabbed his arms and softly pulled them apart so they were no longer crossed. "Talk to me."

Wally sighed a deep sigh.

"Do you think i'll get powers?" I opened my mouth to say something but he turned around, put his hands on his head and continued. "I already know what you're going to say, Luna: 'A lot of people were hit by the dark matter the night of the explosion and a lot of those people weren't affected.' But I can't stop thinking if-"

"Wally, I wasn't going to say that. I was going to tell you that, if you do develop powers, i'll be on your side and I will help you through it. But if you don't get powers," I stood from where I was and grabbed his arm to turn him around, "I will also be there for you, Wally. We're in this together." It took me a moment to realize how close we were and that I had our hands connected from when I turned him around.

"Luna..." He whispered.

He started to lean closer and then...

"Luna, can you help me out with- Oh. am I interrupting?"

Harry.

I quickly pushed away from Wally and looked right at Harry who just walked into the cortex. He looked.... bothered?

~Harry's POV~
I was on my way to the cortex to ask Luna if she can help me with an algorithm I couldn't quite solve. Luna always helps me out with these things and I like working with her. I actually get things done and have fun doing them. I've grown quite fond of her.

"Luna, Can you help me out with- Oh. Am I interrupting?"

What the hell?

Wally was all over Luna and about to kiss her. She pushed away from him right when she heard me.

"Uh... um," They both said in unison.

"N-no. No! I was just finishing up with an update for the computers so they can run smoother."

"Yeah, okay." I spoke drying. What does she see in Wally? He's a few years younger than her, in college, and doesn't even know what he wants in life. I do.

"Did you need something, Harry?" Her voice was so soft.

"No, no. It's fine. I- I got it." I started walking out of the cortex, hoping she didn't notice how annoyed I was.

"Stupid Wally. Now I have to do this by myself." I mumbled making sure Luna didn't hear.

~Luna's POV~
Harry mumbled something while he was walking out of the cortex. He's been pretty happy lately, so why did he seem so annoyed right now? Oh well.

I turned back to Wally who was in a bit of shock. I poked his cheek to get his attention and he jumped in response which made me giggle.

"Sorry I was just- uh. Luna, do you- I mean, would you- never mind." He shook his head and started to walk away.

"Wally!" I ran to get in front of him. "What is it?" He shook his head again and tried to move. I crossed my arms and tilted my head signaling that I wouldn't move until he said what he was going to say.

"Okay, okay, fine! Um, Luna. Would you want to uh maybe go get some Big Belly Burger or maybe go to Jitters? I mean, you don't have to. Completely up to you. If you don't want to I-"

"Wally, calm down!" I couldn't help but giggle a bit at how fast he was talking. "Of course! So like whenever is fine with me."

"No, um. Luna, will you go out with me."

"I said yes, Wally! Should I invite the others or-"

He grabbed my shoulders. "Will you go on a date... with me. Just the two of us."

"Oh.... oh! Uh... yeah. Yes, yes! I would love to, Wally." I smiled up at him an actual smile. One that I didn't think I could produce.

~Harry's POV~
I stayed behind to see what they were talking about. I really wish I hadn't. Why am I upset? It's not like I like her....

Do I?

———————————————————————
A/N
hiii
wow a lot has happened here
how are you guys liking this story?

what would Luna and Wally's ship name be?
and what would Luna and Harry's be?

please vote and comment!
ily all!