10- a distraction

"Hi, i'm Kara" she smiled widely and stuck out her hand. I took a step back because, I mean, she just walked out of a breach from who knows where. After an entire minute and a half of me staring at her like a confused puppy, Barry spoke.

"So, uh, Luna. This is Kara Danvers. She's from another Earth and she's going to help us figure out what's going on." Huh? How is this chick in a work suit going to help me? She must have seen the ridiculous expression on my face, because she immediately took off her glasses, let her hair loose, and threw her clothes to the side, revealing a red and blue costume with a cape. What is happening.

"Yeah, so..... i'm confused." I looked over at Harry and he was just as confused as I was.

"Let me know if you find out anything important. I'm gonna go down to the work room." He gave a cute nod to me and left. Wait. Did I say cute? I meant-

"Luna, how about I explain everything to you. Where I am from. What I am. Everything. Will that be easier?" That huge smile stayed plastered on her face. I just smiled a fake smile back a nodded.

"Yea that sounds good. I am most definitely completely lost." She giggled. Please stop.

~~~

~Harry's POV~
"Journal log entry 115, my last entry. On this earth, we're closing the breaches, all of them. Soon, every portal between this earth and mine will no longer exist. I've become distracted by this Earth, its problems, its people. But the one thing I never lost track of was you, Jesse. You are my conscience, my beating heart. You're the reason I made it this far in my fight against Zoom, and now I just need you to hang on. Hang on a little bit longer because I'm coming to get you, and this time... I'm not coming alone." I was interrupted by a soft and curious voice.

"Is that really true?" Luna asked me. She seemed almost upset.

"How long have you been standing there? Shouldn't you be with that Kara girl?" I need to do everything I can to keep her away from me. It's better that way.

"Um, well, she explained everything about her to me like how she's an alien from a planet called Krypton that exploded and, under our yellow sun, she possesses many superhuman abilities..." She was slightly pacing back and forth but stopped when she realized I had been watching her geek out.

I opened my mouth to speak but she spoke before I could.

"Sorry. That's not what you asked. Uh.. so um," Luna kept her head down until she could gather her words. "I heard at least some of what you said." I gave her a 'tell me the truth' look and she sighed.

"Okay. I heard all of it. To answer your other question, Barry and Kara went out to stop some bank robber." Our conversations have always been so complicated. We act so awkward around each other all the time.

"Are you going to answer my question now?" I gave her a small shrug because I honestly forgot what her question was. She scoffed in reply.

"Is what you said true? Do you really feel like you're distracted here? We can't be that bad."

You distract me, Luna.

"Well, I guess I feel as though I am not focusing enough on what I came here to for." She looked down at her feet clearly upset again. "It isn't a bad distraction necessarily." I took a step toward Luna and she slowly lifted her head. We were only roughly 3 feet apart. I now realized I was almost 1 foot and a half taller than her.

"How so?" She kept her feet planted.

I opened my mouth to speak but of course...

"Harry and Luna. We need you in the cortex." Ramon interrupted, calling us over the intercom.

"I guess we should go." Luna said, trying not to look at me.

"Yeah."

———————————————————————
A/N
Hi!!!
im sorry for taking so long to update:/
i've been super busy and had writers block

please comment suggestions/requests/ideas!
ily