39• livin' is easy

"Did you adjust the car seat?" Laura furrowed her eyebrows, looking inside the car and Ross gave her a nod as he stuffed the trunk of the car with their things "It's ready"

"Alright" she murmured, sliding inside the car and then looking at Luca "This can't be too difficult"

"Okay bunny, mommy's gonna strap ya on now okay? I know it's your first time but don't be scared" she spoke to the baby like he could understand half of the things she was saying, and all he did was blink those big brown eyes at her as he slobbered all over his clothes.

They weren't cheap clothes either might I add.

Laura held up the baby and carefully strapped him in the car seat, settling him in and making sure there wasn't anything that could possibly harm him around.

Thankfully he didn't start immediately crying.

He actually looked like he was about to drift off to sleep again.

She chuckled as she stared at him, kissing his head before coming out of the backseat to seat in the front where Ross was waiting for her.

"You ready?" Ross murmured as his girlfriend sat next to him.

"For what?" she chuckled.

"A whole new life" he smiled at her, taking her hand in his before starting the car.

"I guess I am" Laura murmured, giving him a smile back before looking at the road.

Not three minutes into the drive, Luca started fussing and whining, and soon enough, he was crying.

His pacifier had fallen on his lap, and he was moving around in his seat.

First Laura tried to calm him down from the front seat, and once she found out that was practically impossible to do, she sighted.

"Want me to pull over so you can get in the back?" Ross questioned over the crying, still focused on his driving and Laura shook her head "What you don't know Ross, is that there's advantages to being small"

He seemed confused at first, but when he saw his girlfriend seat the opposite way in the seat he knew what was about to go down.

He chuckled a little as he saw her climb in the back, and smacked her ass as she did so just to tease her.

"This isn't the time" she called out from the back once she sat down, and he laughed "I'm afraid to say this but I don't think there'll ever be a time"

"Oh shut up" she called out, and once her boyfriend did so, she had to figure out how to get her son to shut up too.

A sentence wouldn't do the trick this time.

"Just put his pacifier back on!" Ross called out from the front, and Laura rolled her eyes "He doesn't want it Ross!"

She'd try to put the pacifier on his mouth but he wouldn't close it because of the crying.

"I think he's just scared of the car seat. Poor baby just came into the world and already it's scary" she murmured a bit, leaning in to kiss his head, and continued to try and soothe him with her hand.

As he felt his mother's presence close to him he slowly calmed down, until it was just him staring at her.

Laura smiled a little "What you need to realize about the world" she started murmuring to her son "Is that yes it's scary but I'll always be here so there's nothing to be afraid of bunny"

He kept staring at her and she chuckled at him, and tried to give him the pacifier again, which this time he accepted.

"That's my little boy" she sweetly whispered, kissing him again.