30• building the nursery

"Ross?" she whispered his name into the phone.

"Laura?" a very hoarse voice was heard at the end of the line.

God that was hot.

"I'm so sorry for waking you. It's kind of late" she immediately apologized, and only then did Ross crack his eyes open to stare at the clock.

2 am.

Immediately he felt a bit worried "Laur? You okay? Do you need me there?"

"No no. Nothing of the sort" she quickly replied "But I do think I found the perfect room in my house to build the nursery"

"Oh thank god you worried me" Ross moaned as he sat up a bit in his bed "Why was this important at two am?"

"I'm sorry" Laura whined a bit at the end of the line "I'd just been thinking about it all night. I walked into my second guest room today to do a bit of cleaning and got a very nice feeling when I was in there. The light shines right through the window and everything and I think it would be perfect for him, so then I ended up being on pinterest and google all night trying to picture what it would look like and I think I got a feel of it. Point is I know the base of what we need to do"

"Okay" Ross responded, trying to soak in all the information she was throwing at him in his sleepy state.

"And I want us to start tomorrow"

His eyes fully opened at that "Really?"

"Yeah" she laughed at the end of the line "You're leaving soon and I'll be hard discussing this with you over the phone if we push it. Are you busy tomorrow? In that case we can leave it for the day after"

"No no I'll be there" Ross chuckled "So you want us to start revamping one of your guest rooms tomorrow and turn it into the nursery of your dreams for our little boy?"

"Yeah" she bit her lip.

Just him using the words 'our little boy' had her break out into a smile.

"I think I can fit that into my schedule" he teasingly replied "What time?"

"In the morning, as soon as you can. We have a lot of work to do so we might as well start early and fresh"

"Got it" he replied.

There was a minute of silence before she spoke up again "Ross I'm really excited about this"

"Yeah?" he lightly laughed "I'm glad you feel that way, beacuse I can't wait either"

"We have a little boy!" she squealed at the end of the line it was a new fact and he couldn't help but leave out the biggest laugh "We do angel. We do"

"Why you're up bright and early" Ryland commmend as he saw his brother walk in the kitchen.

"It's eight am" Ross raised a brow, picking up an apple from the counter and giving it a good bite.

"Which is way earlier then you usually wake up" he quickly replied "Is Rocky awake yet?"

"Haven't heard a sound from his room. He's probably dead asleep" Ross shrugged, looking around the kitchen for something to cook a quick breakfast with.

"Yeah you two were in the studio pretty late last night. How's the song going?" Ryland asked, looking up at his big brother as he sat down.

"We have to put a few finishing touches but for the most part it's done" Ross shrugged, a smile on his face.

"Call me when you have that next session. I want to hear it"

"Will do" Ross shrugged, giving up on making himself an actual good breakfast and just taking fruit loops and pouring them into a bowl instead.