31• last days together

"They're so cute" Laura giggled as she stared at the tv, and Ross nodded "What kind of cartoon is this anyway?"

"No clue" Laura murmured as she took another bite of her frech fries "I think it's one of the new ones"

"How'd we even end up watching this at two am while eating McDonalds" Ross laughed and taking a bite of his burger right after "I just.. it's so stupid"

"I wasn't in a mood to watch anything heavy. My brain is so tired it can't process anything that's going on right now. I'll probably think this was a dream tomorrow" Laura yawned.

I'd been a long day of working on the nursery after all. They were both exhausted, and at this point of the night, pretty delusional. Laura was in her soft pjs, and the most comfortable she'd ever been.

I'd been already late when they finished working, but they had to shower all that paint off, and after that they both found themselves starving.

Since none of them were willing to lift a finger to cook in the middle of the night anymore, they ordered out.

And at this point they'd been cuddled under the same blanket in front of the tv for a while now. All their food in front of them in trays as they stared at the tv, none of them fully watching the cartoon in front of them.

"It does feel like a dream" Ross sighted, and then turned his head.

His head was rested on the head of the couch, and so was Laura's, and he offered her a soft smile "Better get used to the cartoons though. This is basically going to be our life for way too many years"

"I don't know how to feel about that" she hummed.

"You don't have to feel anything" Ross shrugged "You just go with it"

She gave him a look, and next both of them were laughing out loud at particularly nothing.

"Well, I'm done eating. Let's take these to the kitchen" Laura slowly got up and Ross nodded, picking up their food.

After they did that Laura jumped back on the couch.

Ross gave her a look as he sat down next to her "Aren't you going to sleep? It's late"

"My room is cold" Laura mindlessly murmured as she cuddled into her blanket with her eyes closed.

Her couch was actually pretty big. Big enough that you could stretch and it would still fit most of your legs, and Laura was a small human, meaning I'd be just great for her.

Ross furrowed his eyebrows at her, but was too tired to argue "You mind me taking off my pants?"

"Whatever makes you comfortable" Laura whispered, not opening her eyes.

Those words were all he needed to immediately take off his pants and lay down next to her, taking some of the blanket for himself.

He turned off the tv, and then stared at the beauty in front of him in the dark.

She was sound asleep, and he couldn't blame her. They were both exhausted.

He scotched in next to her, and put his head next to hers, feeling the scent of her strawberry shampoo fill his nostrils.

"Wish we could be like this all the time" Ross murmured, kissing her forehead and then closing his eyes only to drift to sleep right after.

"Aww look at them. Wake up bitches!" the sound of his own little brother ringged in his ear, startling Ross awake.

He glared at the light and then opened his eyes, murmuring "What the fuck" when he noticed both Rocky and Ryland standing in front of the couch smiling down at him.