5• the wedding

She sat down on the couch as she stared at the invitation in her hands.

Frankly she was shocked, and very confused. How was she invited to this wedding again?

Yes she'd met Savannah before a few times with Rydel but she wouldn't call them friends. She loved Riker also but she wasn't exactly too too close with him right now either.

She'd only expect an invitation from the Lynchs if either Rydel or Ross got married, though fat chance of that with Ross since he didn't want to get married at all. She didn't even want to think about the possibility.

She sighted and shook her head, leaving the invitation in her coffee table as she went about her day.

It probably wasn't as deep as she was making it out to be.

"My baby!" Stormie' smile widen as she finally saw Ross walking in her house one day after his flight from Vancouver to la.

She wrapped her arms around him as quickly as she saw him, giving him a squeeze.

"Hi mom" Ross laughed as he let his mother squeeze the life out of him.

"I missed you! And you look very handsome" she pat his chest, after pulling from her hug.

"Thanks mom. I missed you too....even though I wasn't gone for that long this time" he shrugged and she rolled her eyes at him "Don't understate a mother's love!"

"Alright alright" he rolled his eyes "Where are the others?"

"Out by the pool. In the patio. Find them yourself I'm busy"she swat him away as she headed for the kitchen again.

Ross laughed at his mom but headed for the pool anyway.

His cousins and siblings always gathered around to hang out at his mom's place. There was always room for more people and Stormie loved having people over.

There was amazing home-made food, all the people he loved most and the house he grew up in.

What was there not to love?

As warned by his mom he found Rydel and Riker by the pool, and a couple of his cousins walking around.

After he said hi to everyone he didn't hesitate to talk to Rydel "Have you seen dad?"

"Oh I think he's in the garage trying to fix one of Gil's skateboards" she let him know and he nodded,now headed for that same place.

"Hi dad" Ross stared at his dad as he worked on the skateboard and he looked up "Ross! I didn't know you were coming today! How was the flight?" he said immediately hugging his son very quickly and being careful that he didn't make him dirty with his hands.

"The flight was fine. I slept a lot" Ross shrugged with a laugh "I see you've been busy here huh?"

"Yeah Gil definitely wrecked this thing by running it into a pole. Want to help?" He questioned.

"Sure" Ross shrugged.

He hadn't had alone time with his dad in a lot of time, so it felt refreshing to hang with him one on one again, as they talked about how shooting the last scenes for Sabrina went like, and even left a date to fly with his dad again.

Ross hadn't been in a plane in what felt like forever and he was dying to get that baby up in the sky again.

After they fixed the skateboard Ross walked back in the area by the pool, and sat down in one of the chairs.

A few seconds after that Savannah came out of the house with an angry sigh and a grungy face on, sitting right next to him as she angrily texted on her phone, and then closed her phone off.