17• they're asking questions

"Mhm I love this song" she whispered, yet somehow he heard it.

"I know" he chuckled.

They stared at each other for a bit, and smiled.

And then they both started singing along.

They sung like crazy teenagers that had no remorse for anyone who was sleeping in the city at one am. Bopping their heads to the music and singing their lungs out and laughing the entire time.

And when the song finished, another one started, this one more calm.

Laura was still giggling like crazy and Ross was laughing like an idiot, yet it felt so good, it felt like freedom.

"Mhmm, this feels familiar" Ross took a glance at her, a smile on his face as he stared at the road.

"Does it now?" she grinned "I'm glad we got to do this once more"

Going crazy over music, was something the two had always had in common. They'd talk about it all the time, sing and dance and laugh. It just felt amazing to have this one person that felt so strongly about something you felt so strongly about too.

Ah, those late-night sing-along parties they'd have in his car when they were just teenagers.

I'd been a while, so much so that she'd forgotten the actual spark and absolute joy it gave her to be with him like this.

Best friends.

"And we'll do it again" he spoke "and again, and again, and again, until we both get sick of it. We have a whole life together now" he mumured the last words, a small smile on his face as he took a glance at her stomach and then into her emotion-filled eyes.

"I don't think I'll ever get sick of it" she chuckled "I missed it. Truly"

"Yeah me too" he mumured "I miss a lot of things from our teenage years"

"Like the dramatic Romeo and Juliet plays we recited to each other in your dressing room for absolutely no reason" she laughed.

"And me trying to teach you every possible sport even though I knew you'd suck at it" he laughed along.

"Hey! I've gotten better at softball alright?" she chuckled "I played for a charity cause once"

"You played once" he gave her an eyebrow raise.

"Yes! And with friends too other times. Why can't you just believe me" she pouted

"I'll believe it when you prove it to me Marano"

"Oh? So shall we stop by a random court on the way right now so I can prove my skills?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"I think you need sleep" he laughed "And you can prove it to me on this week's sunday softball game"

"Wait what?" she blinked.

"The softball games we play regularly as a family and with friends" he explained "I'm inviting you to the one we're having next week"

"Uh.. well does anyone else know that you just did?" she pressed her lips.

"Nope" he chuckled "But everyone loved you tonight. I don't think there'll be any problems. If there are I'll be the first one to fix them"

"How do you know they liked me?" she whispered.

She knew the Lynchs liked her, of course, she'd known these people for what felt like all her life, but she hadn't seen their cousins quite that much, and she certainly didn't hang out with any of their friends.