12• doctor's appointment

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

She reminded herself of those commands as she sat in her couch all ready to go.

She'd thrown on a pair of high waisted ripped jeans and some nikes. A yellow crop top to complete the look.

She figured, hey, if her belly was going to swell into the size of a watermelon, she might as well get a use of those crop tops now that you couldn't see anything yet.

She was nervous.

She hated hospitals, and this was her first visit about this. She didn't know what was going to happen.

Her mom and sister had both offered to be there with her, but she'd declined their help when Ross had texted her back, saying he was coming.

So she was just waiting for him now. She figured he'd have his car with him, so it was no use for her to get in her own car and drive off.

Her make up was done very lightly, and she'd curled her hair into some beachy weaves.

I'd been a while since she used heat on her hair. Normally she wouldn't do that on a simple outing wanting to keep her hair healthy since they always used heat on her hair when she was getting ready for interviews, carpets, photo shots, and all that other fun stuff.

But today...she felt antsy. She just wanted something to keep her busy, so she did her hair.

It looked pretty cute, she could say, but she figured it was time for her to add some sort of highlight to them.

The other side of her told her that would ruin the hair she'd tried to healthy up after four years of people just adding highlights in her hair because Ally had them when she was in the show.

Her hair was finally soft and felt lovely now. She didn't want to ruin that.

Yet she wanted something to light her features again. She used to love her highlights.

When had her mind jumped from thinking about pregnancy to a rant about her hair?

She sighted as she got up, taking an apple from the isle in the kitchen.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away they said.

Bullshit.

She snapped back to reality as she heard her doorbell ring, and quickly left the apple and snatched her bag from the couch that had everything she needed, and her keys to lock the door.

She opened the door, and there he was.

He was wearing a gray sweater and ripped jeans, and sporting his old converse.

The dirty blonde hair she loved on him was messy and calling for her to touch it. He had a light smile on his face, showing off his dimples, yet she knew he was just as nervous as she was.

She could see it in his eyes.

"Hi" he smiled.

"Hey" she smiled back giving him a light hug and then pulling back "I'm glad you're here"

"I wouldn't miss it" he responded as she locked the door.

She turned to him again, and gave him another smile "So you said"

They got into his car, and Ross looked back at her house before he started up the engine "Your house looks nice. And huge"

Laura chuckled at that "Thanks. I'll have to give you a tour some time"