19• the realness of it all

"I think I just need a bit of time to relax" Laura spoke up silently "You guys get back to the game"

"You sure you'll be fine?" Rydel asked again, and she nodded.

Everyone that had surrounded her spread around, and then it was just Stormie by her side, and Ross.

He never left.

He was staring at her deeply, not knowing what to do.

Laura looked back at the boy in front of her that hadn't snatched his eyes off her face from the second she said she wasn't okay, and narrowed her eyes at him a bit.

His eyes held so much inside. She knew that. It was all there. All those emotions swirling through all his being...god you could see them all in his eyes right now.

So intense.

Though she didn't feel well enough to be staring at him any longer. She felt sick.

"Go" she ordered him and he blinked "Huh?"

"I'll be fine. Go play!" she hissed at him and he gave her another look, raising his eyebrow at her.

"Rossss" Abbey whined from the field "We're about to start! C'mon!"

"You're only making this look more suspicious" she mumured this time, and Ross sighted.

"Mom get her some blankets" Ross got up and stared at his mom "I'm sure you have some in your car. Lay them down, and have her lay here on the bleachers until it passes"

"Right on it" she gave him a look but said nothing, already making her way to her car.

"What exactly are you feeling?" he questioned.

"ROSS! FOR GOD'S SAKE SHE'S FINE" Ryland screamed at him to get back to the game.

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" Ross suddenly screamed back at him, breathing very hard.

He was starting to get pissed. He knew they were clueless, they had no idea what was actually happening, but he couldn't help but get mad when they tried to pray him off her, especially with that fact in mind.

Keeping this secret for three months was going to be rather hard.

"Is there something I should know?" Ryland asked, now approaching his brother so they wouldn't have the conversation by screaming anymore.

"Just leave us alone for one second" Ross sighed, and Ry raised his hands up, backing off.

"Ross that was so close!" Laura complained "Are you crazy??"

She wanted to scream to him, but she couldn't.

Her body felt like it was made of jelly. She had major fatigue, and her nausea and headache weren't helping her either.

"Scold me later" he hushed her "But now just wear your sweatshirt again, and try to close your eyes when you're laying down and... drink a lot of water"

His voice got a bit softer as he leaned in, and her brown eyes stared back at his again.

"Hopefully you'll feel well enough soon" he whispered, his hand caressing her cheek "so you can beat my ass at softball later?"

"Yeah" she mumured, a small smile pending on her lips besides the pain, and he grinned.

"Until then, go kill them rockstar" she encouraged.

"You do realize that's your team you want me to kill?" he laughed at her.

"I don't care" she smiled.