28• breakups & comebacks

"Would you like something to drink?" Ross asked looking down at Abbey who was currently sitting on the couch, looking up at him.

He scratched the back of his neck, feeling a bit uncomfortable under her stare down, and being clueless as to how to act.

"Water would be fine" she responded, and Ross nodded, walking over to his kitchen and filling her up a glass of water and then giving it to her.

He took a seat beside her as she drunk her water, and he felt a slight déjà vu.

Right, he was sitting on this couch with Laura just months ago as they both freaked out about her being pregnant.

What if she's pregnant too....

Jesus Ross! Let her speak first!

"So I came here to tell you something" she cleared her throat.

Ross nodded, turning her way so he could listen to everything she had to say.

"We didn't leave this off in the best terms" she accepted "But I've thought hard about the situation and what to do about it"

"At first, I could barely recover from the shook that you had a baby coming with no other than your ex co-star" she shook her head "I was so surprised, and I talked this situation over with everyone I knew that could give me advice. My mom, my friends, you name it, and they all said the same thing" she looked up and stared at his eyes "I couldn't let you go for so long, and at one point I even convicted myself I could bare the thought of you having a child with someone else if it meant I got to keep you"

Ross gulped at that, and nodded slightly still listening.

"But I realized quickly that that'd just bring me even more torture" she sighted "I know the last time you saw me I stormed off of one of your family dinners on new years night, and now I'm here to make everything right. You did warn me that there was something I didn't know that I wouldn't like about you when I found out, yet i still pursued this thing between us, so I can't blame you for that. I like you Ross, a lot, but I think it would hurt too much to see you and Laura and your baby when it arrives like the happy little family and I'm just on the side still trying to get your attention" she shook her head.

"I'm done" she chuckled "You know...I've seen a few paparazzi pictures of you guys from several events since we last spoke, and you both look very happy. And when I saw that picture of you kissing her belly I just put the ending puzzle piece in place. I wish you both the best, and I think it would be better for all if I stayed out of this. I hope you understand that I'm just trying to protect myself, and I know I deserve someone who'll love me the way you love her"

Ross was speechless, and shocked...very shocked.

He blinked a few times, trying to recover from her words.

So this was the end? She'd come all the way over here to end things?

"I respect your decision" Ross cleared his throat "I'm sorry I've hurt you, but this was something that happened way before you and me were a thing so I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to-"

"I didn't ask you to" she shook her head, interrupting him "Laura's perfect for you. I'm glad she's the one carrying your baby"

"Me and Laura aren't together by any means" he cleared up, getting disappointed by his own damn words "But I will admit my feelings have...progressed, since the last time we've talked, so it only feels right for me to fully accept the end of us"

"So you do like her" she nodded "My instincts never disappoint huh?"

"I guess" Ross chuckled.

"I like this" she smiled as she pointed between her and Ross "This friendship that we have. Let's keep it this way. We'll both soon be in Vancouver to shoot Sabrina anyway and I didn't want everything to be so awkward between us"