23• revealing our secret

"I can't believe we're not doing our traditional holiday rituals tonight but we're on a way to some restaurant. I should be home sipping on some nice coffee and eating cupcakes that are horribly decorated beacuse they were made at home just seconds ago by my daughters while watching Love Actually!" Damiano complained in his Italian accent as he drove their family to the diner Ross and Laura had picked out.

To say he wasn't happy was an understatement.

"We did that for Christmas honey, and we can do it tomorrow too, so stop complaining. Tonight is important" Ellen encouraged him and gave him a pat in the back from the passager seat.

Ellen and Vannesa knew the whole story, so they were pretty excited and agreed to it fast, but poor Damiano had no clue what he was in for.

"And why is tonight so important?" he grumbled out.

"Just go with it dad. Stop asking questions" Vannesa lectured her own father, only getting a sigh as a response.

Laura looked at Vannesa as they were seated in the back, and Vannesa gave her a comforting smile, petting her thigh to let her know she was there.

Laura gave her older sister a nervous smile back, and kept fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

She was extremely nervous. She knew everything was going to change after tonight, only she didn't know if it was for the worse or for the better.

They reached the diner shortly after that, and Laura climbed out of it to see her boyfriend and Vannessa's boyfriend both waiting for them in front of the diner.

"And they're here" Vlad, Vannesa's boyfriend commented as his girlfriend immediately went in for a small kiss.

"Hey" Laura smiled at Thomas as she reached him and he gave her a closed lip smile back, before giving her a peck too.

There was some sort of tension between them.

Let's just say Thomas wasn't too happy to get a call from his girlfriend today only for her to tell him they were all spending New Year's Eve at some diner with a family he barely knew, and some kid who possibly had the hots for his girlfriend too.

"You look good" he complimented and she nodded "You do too"

Laura's outfit wasn't anything too crazy. She'd went simple but classy, throwing a poppy jacket to cover the sweater that was tucked into her skirt, because it was obviously very cold, and a pair of knee high boots.

 She'd went simple but classy, throwing a poppy jacket to cover the sweater that was tucked into her skirt, because it was obviously very cold, and a pair of knee high boots

Her hair was in a simple but classy lower bun, and her make up included a brown smokey eye and dark brown lipstick.

"Well why are you guys standing out there? Let's get in!" Ellen called out to her family and they all entered the diner.

The first thing that caught you eye the second you walked in was obviously the big family at the huge dinner table they'd set up for everyone chatting away, and if you looked around, it didn't feel like anything too fancy at all.