18• softball sunday

"Ross are you okay?" Stormie furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed her son not responding at all to her question, but rather just staring at her blankly.

He finally snapped out of it, and blinked "Um..yeah. I-uh" he scratched his head.

Think of something.

Anything.

"I was worried beacuse as I told you that night she was sick, which was why I asked her if she was fine"

There, that would do.

"Okay" Stormie nodded "But what exactly was the stepping into something clueless and the we'll figure out while the process continues thing?"she pushed even more.

"That lil minx really heard everything didn't she" he murmured to himself as he clenched his fist, trying to figure out yet another lie.

"Uhm- well you see-" Ross licked his lips "Laura uh- was thinking about learning how to produce her own songs, like me and Rocky, and I offered her some help if she ever does try it out"

"Ah" Stormie nodded "I see"

Hell yeah! He was getting good at this lying thing.

Though he didn't know if that was something positive or not, but it worked for him now.

"You sure it was nothing more? Rynah said it sounded...secretive" Stormie raised an eyebrow, eyeing him suspiciously.

"It was nothing" Ross shook his head "She must've read more into it than it was. Nothing else is going on"

Oh but it was, and he was dying to tell her. He felt bad lying to his mother like this.

"Alright" she nodded "I believe you, but you know you can share everything with me when you do have something to say right?"

"I know mom" Ross nodded with a sigh.

That was close.

That next morning Laura was getting ready for softball with the Lynchs. She had her white softball sweatshirt on and she threw on some girly matching sweatpants with it. Some chunky sneakers covering her feet and a white colored cap on her head. Her make up was light and her lips were pink.

Yep, that'd do.

She took a big bag with her and her hyrdoflask, as well as her phone and her iPad, and some chapstick. As she was walking to the car she called up Ross.

"Morning sunshineeee" she sung with a chuckle.

"Good morning love" he replied sarcastically, making her laugh a bit more.

"Well you're in an awfully good mood today" he pointed out as he listened to the sweet sounds of Laura's giggles coming from the phone.

"And you're ridiculous. What else is new?" she rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see her "Where are you? Cus I'm out of the house already. Am I too early?"

"You're perfect" he replied "We're coming too. See you there?"

"See you" Laura quickly replied turning off her phone and stating the car.

The way there for her was longer then from Ross' house, so if he was already driving there she was thinking he'd definitely beat her to it.

Though she didn't mind that at all, considering she'd never been there before and knew nothing of the place.

So she drove all morning singing along to her playlist, until she reached the spot.

They were there, of course.