66. Settling In

Shifra's POV
The next several weeks I spent building up my strength once again, for as it had been twenty years most of it was lost. I had also lost my faithful weapons that I had carried with me for over 3,000 years. I soon got replacements, even though it never truly felt the same. I chose to change up a few of my weapons, though, and I now had two swords.

They were long, lean, and very finely crafted with interacted designs along the handle and even in the blade itself. (Think Thranduil's sword from the Hobbit) I also had a bow and arrows, but I fashioned for myself a bow made of metal and the arrows made of metal as well. I had my two daggers at my back and the usual throwing knives. The two daggers had brown handles and were made similarly to the sword and seemed to me almost miniatures of them.

Every throwing knife was designed in the same way as the daggers apart from the size and shape. My long dagger that I once had was also replaced and looked the same as the other two, only a few inches longer. Everyday I would train from dawn until dusk with only short breaks for water and food. After about a week of this, I saw Tirian making his way towards me.

I had drawn both swords and was fighting a dummy when he reached me. "How may I help you, my lord," I asked, sheathing my swords.

He waved aside the title and requested, "Please, just Tirian. I was actually wondering if you would spar with me."

"Very well then," I replied, I drew both of my swords and walked to an open patch of grass and took a fighting stance. My body faced the side and my head faced Tirian. One advantage I had noticed of using two swords was being able to block both my head and lower body, but it was far more difficult to use what with keeping track of both blades.

He came into a similar stance and we began the fight.
....................................
Five Years Later
My sword clashed with Tirian's as I aimed another attack on his feet. Jumping up, he avoided the other sword and moved his to attempt and get my side, but I blocked his blade. The fight continued until he had disarmed me of one of my blades. I was left with only one as we continued. He backed me up into a tree as he knocked my other blade to the side. Dropping his sword, Tirian leaned in and his lips met mine.

When we had broken apart, I muttered, irritated, "You cheat!"

Chuckling, he asked, "How? You saw as well as I, I did nothing. My dear, it might just be time for you to admit that I'm better than you."

Scoffing, I crossed my arms and retorted, "Well dear you just know how to distract me."

"Oh? How so? What did I do that was so distracting?" he asked, a large grin covering his face and his blue eyes twinkling like little stars. We were at our hunting lodge where we spent a few weeks every spring with Jewel. Tirian had changed much in the five years since I met him, for his shoulders had grown broad and strong and his body was filled with strong muscle.

The most signifiant and saddest change, had been the death of his father, King Erlian. After he had returned from battle he had several wounds and it was all too much on him. He passed the very night he came back home, and Tirian was crowned King not a week later. Since then he had lived a good like, but he was more grave and wise beyond his years from his father's premature death. His mother passed away a few days afterwards.

They said she died of a broken heart, but it hit Tirian rather hard as did all of Narnia. She had been a great lady, wise and gentle. The Nanrians mourned her bitterly as they did their king, but three years after a new queen sat on the throne alongside Tirian. What started as training turned into a courtship and eventually we married and most of the Narnians were glad to have me on the throne, but to me it seemed like nothing different than I'd done before.