1. Anastasie

I will jump between POV's just so you know I will always specify.
.................................
Anastastie's POV
Softly humming in my head, I picked up my favorite book: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I became lost in the story. No matter how many times I read it, it always seemed to take my breath away. Caspian had always been my favorite of all of the royals in the series.

While he was bearable in the first book he appeared in, Peter later became too arrogant for my liking. He may have been brave, but there were just so many things I would have done differently in his shoes.

Susan it was clear held little love for Narnia. Anyone could tell that all she wanted was to go back to England and live her life there.

Edmund I had liked the most out of the original four, but he held a kind of blind rage that annoyed me at times.

Lucy...well I had nothing against her she was actually really nice.

But Caspian...something about him always caught my attention.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a high pitched yell, "Anastasie! Get down here right now!" Letting a silent sigh escape my lips, I did as I was told. I allowed my face to take on the appearance it always did when I left my room: pleasant indifference. Sweeping my long, black hair out of my face I rushed down the stairs.

I did not need to get her attention, for I could tell that she had seen me. "I tell you to do one thing and you can't even manage that!" The woman, who I suppose is my mother...of sorts, began to yell. "I asked you to clean the kitchen, sweep the stairs, take the trash out, feed the dog, cook dinner, and take care of all the washing. Instead I come home to find that you have only completed two of those tasks." She paused as if expecting me to speak, as if I could. "Well?" She thundered, "What do you say to that?"

My silence stretched on as she looked at me expectantly. I should probably explain what the heck is going on. I live in an orphanage and have not been able to speak for my entire life. No one knows who my parents are and it has always bothered my 'mother' as she forces us to call her, that I cannot speak. She thought I was faking it for the longest time, but soon realized that I was not. Striding towards me, she slapped me harshly across the face.

"JUST FINISH IT!" She yelled as she realized I would make no reply. Nodding solemnly, I did as I was told. I was very weary when I was finally able to lay down to bed, but still I found I could not sleep. I tossed and turned, but sleep still would not approach. As I usually did when such occurrences besieged me, I got up and dressed in my usual attire and went for a walk. The house we lived in was a small one and had little to look at around it, but just behind it was a wood. In that wood I had found a special place.

As I walked, I came across a rippling pool. It was fulled with brilliant blues and greens with many different colored flowers growing from the bottom of the pool. Flowing into the pool was a small waterfall and it was so up and up and up and up at least fifty feet into the air. The pools shrunk as I looked up and so did the waterfalls, but somehow that noise was not very loud. It was nothing more than a quiet rippling.

As I sat there, lost in thought I felt a presents behind me. However I did not turn. As I gazed into the pool in front of me I could see their reflection, but the reflection I saw...could it be? I froze in fear at the sight of a great golden lion. My mind instantly went to Aslan, but I shook it off trying to think of everything I knew about getting away from lions, which was little.

"Child," a voice whispered. I jumped in shock and surprise, for I had seen the lion move its mouth with the sound of the voice. It was him.

Aslan? I thought.

"Yes, child. It is I, but why do you speak to me in your mind instead of with your voice?"

I have none I thought back.

Aslan smiled, well as well as a lion can and replied, "You have a voice, but it has not yet been freed. I shall do so presently." After a pause, Aslan asked, "What drew you to this place?"

I breathed in and looked about me once again. I don't rightly know, Aslan. Maybe because it is beautiful, maybe because it reminded me of Narnia in a way. I don't know. He smiled at my response.

"You are drawn here because of how this place contrasts your everyday life. But child," he replied, his voice going slightly softer, "it is not just a thing to be looked at. This is a gateway. To Narnia."

When in Narnia? Wasn't it already destroyed and the world ended?

Aslan bowed his great head and replied, "Narnia is still a young nation. The books you have read are prophesies, they are what is to come, but not was has been. At this very moment Narnia is a barren waste. Diggory and Polly have not met, and will not meet until I cause Diggory to be hit with just how sad his mother's situation is. Then he will go out into the garden and cry for his mother and consequently, meet Polly."

So none of it has happened? Aslan shook his head in reply.

Turning to face me he asked, "Would you like to see it?" My eyes lit up with so much joy and hope that I felt I would burst.

Oh may I?

A chuckle vibrated through his great, hairy body as he replied, "Yes child. You must only walk through the water and through the largest of the water falls and you shall be in Narnia, but first how do you wish to be in Narnia?" I gave him a puzzled look, not understanding him. "I mean as what? A human with a human life span? Or perhaps as an animal?"

I knew what I would like to be, but was not sure how to ask for it. "Speak your thought child," he commanded in his rich, deep voice.

Sir, if I may, could I live there as a guardian of Narnia? Living as long as it lives? I could protect everyone but still ensuing it all goes to plan. I'm not asking for any powers for anything, but just long life if I please you.

Aslan gave one of his lion smiles and replied, "Your humility does you good, child. I shall grant you all you ask and more. Your life shall stretch as long as Narnia's and you shall not die until it does. You shall rule as a goddess of the sky and all light. Great wings shall spring forth from your back and wind and light from your hands. You shall be filled with wisdom and foresight. But first for your voice."

Here he breathed upon me and instantly I knew, I could speak. "Thank you Aslan," I said, my voice perfectly clear even after long ill-usage. I fell down at his paws and wept tears of such joy. He gently lay his paw in my shoulder, causing me to look up.

"May you be granted all that I said you would. Walk through the water child and claim your new self." I did so and felt the wings grow on my back and felt so much older and wiser than I ever had before and wind seemed to fly into my hands as if they were absorbing it. Anastasie was changed forever.