64. Infultration

Shifra's POV
The castle loomed on the horizon before me as I flew to meet it. I moved the light around me to hide myself from the world around. I glided noiselessly into the courtyard and saw at least a thousand Calormen soldiers pacing about. Without being seen, I entered into the grand hall to see even more soldiers and Lord Ali.

"Make sure the bride is ready!" he snapped at one of the guards. I followed after him to Evelana's chambers. Tears poured from her delicate blue eyes as she was being put into a white, Calormen wedding dress.

"His majesty wishes for you to be ready soon," the guard informed, his voice raspy. She merely nodded and I just managed to slip into the room. Evelana was thankfully alone, so I allowed myself to be seen.

"Do not scream," I whispered, laying my hand on her shoulder. She turned to face me and jumped into my arms.

"Godmother, they-they said you were dead," Evelana cried, weeping bitterly, "A-and Levi and Levian. They even said that Rose was dead."

I pulled away and replied, "Your brothers and niece are all very much alive. I saw them just this morning, but listen carefully. Narnia has fallen and Archenland too by the looks of this, so I will help you get out of here to your brothers. But we need to get Rosaline and Zane first."

She nodded, "They're being kept in Levian and Rosaline's room. After Rose disappeared they wanted them higher up so they could watch them better."

"Then let's go, I'll make sure no one can see us, but first change out of that dress into something you can travel in," I suggested. She quickly changed and we exited into the hallway, and not a moment too soon. For Ali was striding down the hallway with an evil glint in his eye as we went to Evelana's room.

Quickly Evelana led the way to Levian and Rosaline's room. Two guards stood in front of it, but I quickly decided to try something I'd been toying with with my ring. I held Evelana back and focused in on their minds. Once I had gotten into both, I imagined a terrible headache and soon I was rewarded with a cry of pain from both.

Clenching my jaw, I tried not to wince everytime they cried out, for I hated to hurt even Calormens outside of battle. Both leaned against the wall and did not notice as we slipped in unseen. Rosaline was covered in bruises around her neck, arms, and even on her face. Zane had a bloodied lip and seemed to have been hit back several times.

I let go of the invisibility and ran forward to them both. Rosaline accepted my embrace, but asked, "Is it true? Is my husband dead?"

"No, Levian, Levi, Rose, and Zori are all safe, and we're going to them," I explained. Evelana had been looking over her nephew and now looked up.

"How?" the princess asked, "There are guards everywhere." I rose from embracing Rosaline and looked around the room for anything I could use.

"Levian would never leave this room without weapons," I muttered, so quietly no one could hear me. "Of course!" I went instantly to the mantle and began to tap along the wood. Soon it sounded hollow and I slid the panel of wood away. Inside were two swords. I drew them both out and handed one to Rosaline and the other to Evelana.

"You want us to fight our way out?" Rosaline asked, perplexed. I shook my head and pointed toward the window.

"I will fly you all to the ground and then we will go to the others, but I need to restock on food before we leave," I explained. A roar echoed from somewhere inside the castle. "Ali," I muttered. "Ok, let's go." I threw open the window and first took Rosaline in my arms. I flew her down and went back up for Zane. The door was flung open just as I came back up for Evelana.

"Agr!" Ali screamed, darting forward, but I grabbed my goddaughter before he could do anything. Sending a blast of air, he was flung into the wall and easily knocked out. When we had reached the ground, I took up Zane and we all began to run. Fear pushed us forward for at least and hour until we had to stop for breath. We continued at a walk after that and I soon began to recognize the area around us.