2. Narnia

Anastasie's POV
When I had come out of the waterfall all I saw was blackness. Remembering my powers, I called forth light from my hands and was met with a barren wasteland. It was all lumpy earth with a river running silently through it and nothing more. I knew that Digory, Polly, Uncle Andrew, Frank, Jadis, and Strawberry would be coming at any moment so I put out my light so as to not change anything.

How much time passed I did not know, but soon I heard the voices of the entire group. I heard the tail end of one of Strawberry's neighs and a pathetic whimper from Uncle Andrew. A male voice whispered, "That was a bit of luck." I knew it must be Digory. I listened silently as they realized that they were standing on solid ground and began speculating on where they were.

This witch's voice made me shutter as she replied to Digory's guess, "This is not Charn. This is an empty world. This is nothing." Something about her voice made you want to get away as fast as you could, but I did not want to miss anything. As they continued to talk a little bit I could not help but feel elated. I was going to see with my own eyes Aslan creating Narnia!

I was pulled from my thoughts by the Cabby's voice saying, "Keep cool everyone everyone, that's what I say. No bones broken, anyone? Good. Well there's something to be thankful for straight away, and more than anyone could expect after falling all that way. Now..." I smiled as I heard him speak on in his cockney accent, tuning back in as he finished, "I think the best thing to do is sing a 'ymn." As he began singing I let my mind drift elsewhere.

As the hymn came to a close I suddenly heard Uncle Andrew's voice right in front of me speaking to Digory, "Now, my boy. Slip on your ring. Let's be off." I rolled my eyes as the scene played out. Jadis yelling at Uncle Andrew and Digory's retort. But as the Cabby spoke again my excitement rose for now was when it began to happen.

As Aslan began to sing I listened to it as hard as I could. It was beautiful, far more beautiful in fact than I had ever imagined it. Then his voice called the stars to appear and they began to sing with him. I gasped, accidentally drawing everyone's attention to where I was but it was not yet bright enough for them to see me, but they were all far too interested in the voices to pay me more than a second's glance.

As the star's voices began to grow faint I saw the sky begin to gray in the east and as I looked at the people around me I look in their appearance, but instantly I could tell things about them that I had never been able to tell from the books. It was as if when I looked at them I could see them, really see them for who they were.

I looked away knowing I could most likely ask Aslan about it later. I watched with wonder as the sun finally rose. Glancing at Digory's face I saw such wonder and astonishment in his expression as he watched. A smile burst from my face as I took it all in. I had to hold in a laugh as I saw everyone's reactions to seeing Aslan for the first time.

I finally decided to intervene when the witch made a slight move to dart for Digory's ring after Uncle Andrew (the idiot) foolishly revealed to her the source of the magic. "Stay back!" I ordered harshly. They all looked at me in surprise as the witch brought herself to her full height. I was surprisingly only a few inches shorter than her, but my wings, which I had not had time to examine yet probably helped to intimidate her.

As the Cabby opened his mouth to speak, I spoke and commanded with authority in my tone, "Now shut up and let Frank, or the cabby as you know him, listen to the music." Digory, Polly, and Frank all looked at me appreciatively and focused once again on the lion, while the witch and Andrew had completely different reactions.

Andrew looked at me with such terror and freight that I had to hold back a laugh. The witch was hiding her fear better, but her eyes still held the emotion as she looked cautiously at me. We all watched as grass, heather, and even trees began to grow and spread from Aslan.

When Digory had recognized what they were Andrew had tried to lunge for his pocket. As an instinct, I hit his arm away with my right wing. He yelped in surprise and held his arm apparently in pain and no wonder. The wings I saw before me were black at the very very top and transitioned into grey and then into white, the white taking up the majority of the wings. They stretched for ten feet on either side and were close to five feet wide at the widest part. There was a strength to them that I could feel even when I was not flying.

All this I noticed in an instant, but soon I turned back to Andrew and Jadis, glaring at them both. I said no words but my glare was enough. As Jadis gripped the iron bar from the lamppost, I stood silently watching Aslan's progress and tuning out Jadis and Andrew as they began to argue. When Frank finally shut them up I was very glad for it. While reading the books they were never half this irritating.

Polly's face filled with awe as she watched the correlation between Aslan's song and what sprang up around us. Soon flowers and plants grew all over the earth in such bright and beautiful colors that I forgot about Andrew and Jadis. Aslan came nearer and nearer, worrying Digory and Frank, but Polly and I could not seem to care less. I smirked right before Jadis threw the iron bar, hitting Aslan between the eyes, but as I knew, he was not effected in the slightest.

As Jadis ran away and Andrew tried to do the same, Aslan passed them and without thinking about it, I walked two paces behind him and one to the right of him, following him. I was, after all, in many ways his creation and as he was about to create and gather them all I felt that I should. I faintly heard the humans arguing among themselves, but I paid no attention, focusing only on Aslan.

Aslan changed his song again and I could see the country bubble as if it was boiling. Out of those humps and bubbles came animals of all sorts. When Aslan began to pick two of each animal, I stayed standing in the center, watching as he walked among them. As Aslan looked at the animals I watched as they changed into talking ones. Then I heard Aslan speak, only unlike when he spoke to me by that waterfall, his voice was much wilder and somehow deeper.

"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters."