59. Narnia

I'm sorry for how long it's been, I've had writer's block, but I have some ideas for how I'll continue, so enjoy/sorry for some spam updates.
.............................
Zyanister's POV
"How would it be, Pole," Puddleglum suggested, "if you got on my shoulders and saw whether you could get up to it?" This was soon agreed to and everyone listened as she attempted to scramble up until Shifra showed some pity. She lit up the area and Rilian and I both helped her up to the Marsh-wiggle's shoulders.

"Well?" Rilian shouted up when she had gotten situated.

"It's a hole!" Jill replied, "I could get through it if I was a little bit higher."

"What do you see?" I asked.

"Nothing much, yet," she called back, "Puddleglum, let me stand up on your shoulders so I can see through." This they did and soon she was looking through again. "I say..." she began. Her voice had been cut off as if something had been shoved into it.

The patch of light suddenly was gone and Puddleglum was yelling, "Quick! Help! Hold on to her legs. Someone's pulling her. There! No, here. Too late!"

"Jill!" Eustace yelled. Everyone else called out, looking rather panicked, but she did not reappear.

"This is the greatest shame and sorrow that could have fallen on us," Rilian was saying.

Making his way to the wall in which the hole was, Eustace inquires, "I wonder, am I small enough to get through where Jill did?" Before we could do anything about it, the sounds of chisels and shovels hard at work was heard.

"Get up there, quick! Who is it that try to get at us?" Zyan shouted. The hole was made larger and larger until Eustace, who had just gotten up on Puddleglum's shoulders, was pulled out much as Jill was. Zyan clutched my forearm in fear and he had grown very pale.

Suddenly, Jill's face popped back into the hole and she began exclaiming, "It's alright! We're in Narnia!"

"Ah poor Pole," Puddleglum muttered, "It's been too much for her, this last bit. Turned her head, I shouldn't wonder. She's beginning to see things." Everyone merely smiled at him and felt slightly anxious.

I approached Rilian and asked quietly, "Are you ready to go back?"

He looked back at me and replied, "Yes, I wish to see my father, but...it will all be so different." I nodded in understanding. Archenland would never be the same either. "I truly am sorry about your father, by the way." I nodded, but said nothing in return, for now most of the earth was gone. First Shifra walked out, looking wise and majestic in the moonlight, surrounded by falling snow.

Puddleglum followed after her and then Zyan and I leading the horse we had ridden on. At the site of Zyan, many creatures cried out, "Why? Is that not King Zyan? And his brother, Prince Zyanister?" Last came Rilian leading the remaining two horses. This caused everyone to shut up. Every head was uncovered and every knee bent, for all recognized him or were told by others who he was. He looked much like his father had when he was young, and these being dryads and nyads and other creatures who had known Caspian in their younger days, they saw the resemblance.

"Your royal highness," one of the dwarves said, not rising from his bowed position, "there is some supper in the cave yonder and, if I may say so, you all look as though you could use it more than we."

"Noble dwarf," Rilian replied, "It would be a great honor of mine and my companions to dine with you and the rest of your merry party. While Rilian was explaining the story of what happened, behind us another burst into the cave.

"Lord Darian," I greeted gravely, rising to my feet, for he was a lord of the Archenland court.

"My prince!" Lord Darian replied, bowing to the floor. "We all thought you and your brother gone, we feared you were dead."