-46-

"Hey" Oliver said as I got in his car

"Hey" Oliver said as I got in his car. I smiled and said hello while he started the car. "So, where are we eating at?" I asked and looked at him, his eyes were focused on the road but took one quick glance at me. "Guess" I thought about it, thinking where would he even take me. "I don't have a clue"

"C'mon, guess!" He waited for another answer. "Oh!" I said jumping up, "What about that little Chinese place, what's the name" I snapped my fingers trying to find the   name, "The Golden Bowl! That's the name" He smiles at me, "Thank you"

"Thank you?" I questioned. "Yeah, you just gave me a place to go, I had no idea where to take you" I rolled my eyes and giggled, "Clever," I said pointing a finger to him, "very clever" He shrugged, "What can I say, I'm a pretty smart guy"

"Oh, hush"

—————————————————

We arrived at the restaurant, taking a booth in the corner of the small dining room. We ordered our drinks and I was scanning the menu, Oliver sitting across from me.

"So, can we talk about the party?" I put my menu down on the table, somehow, I knew this was going to come into topic. "Sure" I said, not actually wanting to talk about it. "I cannot say this enough, I'm sorry about what happened between you and Colby, and I feel worse because it was my fault" He played with his hands, but contained eye contact with me to show he meant it. "Don't worry about it, I understand you didn't know we were dating"

"Liz told me to kiss you, she said I should 'go for it'" I stared at him in disbelief. Her, again? "She, what?"
"I'm sorry"
I shook my head, "No, no it's not your fault at all, it's just she knew we were dating, huh, so that's what she was planning" He shrugged, "But, hey, look where we are now, I don't know if that makes it any better" I smiled, "It's okay" I reassured him. He nodded and the waiter came over to take our orders.

—————————-

Oliver offered to pay for the entire meal, but I was too stubborn so we split the check. "You should've just let me pay for it, I'm the one who invited you" Oliver said as we walked to his car. "Too bad" He rolled his eyes and opened the car door for me "Thank you" I said as I got in the car. He went around the car and got in the drivers side. "So what do you wanna do now?" He asked as he started the car. I shrugged, "Surprise me"

I'm not even going to lie, Oliver did take my mind off of Colby the whole time we were together, and it was fun being around him. He took me to an escape room, took us almost the whole time they gave us to get out.

"It was your fault, you were slow" I said as we walked outside. "What? I'm the one who solved half the problems!" I shook my head and laughed, getting into the car.

We were now parked in front of my house, I had my bag in my lap ready to get out of the car. "We should do this again someday" He said, looking at me. "Agreed, I'll text you later?" He nodded his head and we shared a brief hug before I got out his car, I waved him goodbye as his car moved from my house.

I unlocked the door to my house and walked inside. "How was it?" My Mom asked from the living room. "Good, it was fun" I put my bag on the coffee table and sat next to her, looking at what she was watching. "Do you like him?" She asked suddenly, I just shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, he's sweet, but too soon" My Mom nodded, "What'd you guys do?" I then continued to explain my day to her.

—————————
Now I sat in my bed, watching tv waiting for the night to pass by so I could actually do something. I decided to FaceTime Tess, hoping she wasn't busy.

"Hello?" Her face popped up on my phone, she was laying in her bed, Jess beside her. "Tess, i'm bored out of my mind"

"Come over then, Jess and I are about to start watching a movie"

"How am I supposed to get there? I don't want to walk in the dark" She groaned "Ask your Mom!"

"She's probably asleep. Tess, pleaseeee" She shook her head, "Fine you better be ready" I smiled and she hung up. I got out of my bed and got ready like she said, then, I waited.

—————————-

Not even 2 minutes later, I got a text from Tess saying to come outside, I turned off my tv and ran down the stairs.

I waved to the parked car on the street, knowing it was Tess and her girlfriend. Tess rolled down her window, "I cant believe I had to pick you up" I shrugged and got into the car, she drove away from my house and drove towards her neighborhood, which was right next to mine.

She parked her car and we all got out, and went into her house. It was dark, except for the tv paused on a movie, and one lamp on in the dining room. "What were you guys watching?" I asked, sitting down on her couch and taking a popcorn from the bowl. "Friday the 13th" Tess said while her and her girlfriend joined me on the couch.

30 minutes in, I got bored. I checked my phone for anything to do. A notification from Oliver popped up on my phone.

Oliver: So what are we doing tomorrow?
Jackie: I got work but tomorrow night i'm free!
Oliver: Cool, I'll pick u up then :)

I smiled at my phone, I had the perfect idea for tomorrow.