-17-

We dropped off Sam at his house and watched him as he ran across his lawn but quietly entered his house, waving to us before he disappeared

I climbed into the front seat and Colby drove
me home, the radio played softly in the background as we talked about what happened tonight.

"It was fun though"

"Yeah, I agree." Colby said as he slowly drove down my road.

It was about 3 in the morning and the adrenaline was still pumping through my body.

He pulled into my driveway and sat there. I turned to him and he turned to me.

"Thank you." I said hugging him.

"Any time"

He continued staring at me and I stared at him, we were so close our nose were touching.

He closed the gap and kissed me, and I kissed him back. His hand reached my face, his cold rings hitting my face.

I felt pure bliss.

He pulled away, smiling. His face was red, either from the exercise from today or the kiss. I kissed him again, this time for longer.

He pulled me onto his lap and ran my fingers through his hair. I pulled away and hugged him again. He hugged back and we sat like that for awhile. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

I opened the door and climbed out of his lap and out of the car. I waved to him and closed the door.

I ran to my window, and climbed in. I didn't see his car move until I was completely inside. Then he drove out of my driveway and onto the road until he was out of sight.

I closed the window and turned to my room, smiling.
———————

My Mom woke me up the next morning. Telling me that breakfast is ready. I got out of bed and did my hair, going downstairs and seeing my Mom and Dad at the table, eating.

I did feel bad that I was going behind their backs and sneaking out, but if I tell them I'd be in so much trouble.

I prepared my plate and sat down next to them. "Have you been applying to colleges lately?" My dad asked. I nodded.

"UCLA, but that's probably not happening." I said taking a bite of my pancakes.

"You gotta stay positive. I know you're great you'll make it."

I looked at my email, hoping for a response from the college. Scrolling through all the useless spam emails until I came across one from UCLA. I opened it, trying not to get my hopes up.

Dear Jackie,
We are sorry to inform you that we have to reject you from UCLA.

I didn't even bother to read the rest. I was bummed out, but I know there's others I could apply for. Just not right now, I wasn't in the mood.