-39-

We walked into the hotel lobby, I looked around for people who might be his friends. There was a couple waiting to check in, an elderly man sitting in the middle of the lobby. "They're over there" Colby pointed to a group of people sitting in chairs in the corner. Colby grabbed my hand and lead us over. There say two girls and one guy. One girl was small like me, two strips of her hair blonde with the rest black, the other had one side of her hair pink and the other blue, she had very long eyelash extensions. The guy had purple hair with earrings which were question marks.

They all stood up once we walked over with big smiles, saying hello. "It's nice to see you guys! Let me introduce my girlfriend, Jackie, and my friend, Liz" Colby introduced us and we waved saying it was nice to meet them. "This Jake, Tara, and Xepher" Colby pointed to each of them saying their names. They all smiled and hugged both of us. I was about the same height as Tara seeing as we're both very small. "I already ordered an uber to go there, it's probably waiting for us outside" Jake said looking at his phone, I traveled my eyes between him and Tara, concluding that they were dating as they held hands.

Jake and Tara led us outside to look for a black Honda that was our uber. Colby finally found it and opened the door for us to get in. I climbed in the back first, then Xepher, Tara, and Colby was the last to cram in. Jake sat in the front with directions to the place. We started to drive over and everyone started to talk about Coachella. "You guys are going to the festival too?" I asked Xepher. "Yeah, we're so excited we already put on our wristbands" She lifted up her arm to show and giggled. "You should do my makeup! Yours looks so good" She smiled and nodded. "Thank you, and i'm so down" I looked over at Colby, wishing he was sitting next to me. Him and Jake were in deep conversation about a new overnight video idea. Liz typing away on her while talking to Tara. "So, when did you and Colby meet?" Xepher asked playing with one of her many rings. "During highschool, we kinda just became friends instantly and clicked" She nodded and smiled. "You're all he ever talks about to us, it's cute" I looked down at my lap and felt my cheeks catch on fire. "Really?"

"He literally will not talk about anything else" We both looked at him talk to Jake. When he caught us looking, his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you guys talking about me?" Xepher and I laughed and walked looked away, starting to talk about something else.

The car parked on the side of the road and Jake payed the driver. I got out of the crammed car, my hips were finally not being crushed by Xepher's. Next to us was a building that i assumed was the arcade, I started walking towards the front of the building. Xepher caught up to me, holding her phone. "You should give me your phone number so we can plan a time I could do your makeup" She handed me her phone ready to type my number. I quickly typed out my number, after making sure it was correct I handed it back to her. "Thank you" I nodded, "You're welcome, i'm excited for that"

"It'll be fun"

I turned around to look for Colby in our small group. "Colby!" I said making my way over to him, holding out my hand so he could take it. He looked down at me and smiled taking my hand. "Making friends?" He asked me. "Yeah, they're really cool" Jake looked behind him and stopped. "Hey, why are you holding hands with my boyfriend? Who do you think you are?" Jake jokes as he grabbed Colby's hand. I put my hands up in surrender and laughed. "It's okay Jackie, you could hold my hand" Tara held out her hand and I took it proudly, looking over my shoulder. "Jealous?" I asked Colby and he laughed. "Nope" We walked in, Tara and me still hand in hand as so Jake and Colby. The bright white lights everywhere made my eyes sting. The guy at the front counter looked Tara and I up and down, then Jake and Colby. "Oh my god he probably thinks we're lesbian" I whispered to Tara. "Probably, I'm pretty sure he knows" She whispered back and laughed. We payed for our game cards and walked into the actual arcade. Tara's hand finally leaving contact of mine.

I walked up to Liz and Colby playing air hockey together, big smiles on both of their faces as they hit the puck against eachother. "Who's winning?" I asked, putting my hands on the side of the game. "Me, of course" Liz said hitting the puck violently into Colby's side. The buzzer went off, indicating that Liz won. "Yay!" Liz lifted her arms in victory. "Yeah, yeah, you're good at this. Jackie, you're next" Colby said sliding his card in the slot, the air turning on again. I went over to Liz's side and picked up the paddle, Colby started the game by sliding the puck to me.

"How are you guys so good at this?" Colby said as the game buzzed again, I won. "All those summers actually came into use" Liz said standing next to me, giving me a high five. "Huh?" Colby said folding his arms. "When we were little we would always go to the arcade and played air hockey. It was our favorite game there" I explained. "Not fair!" Colby said yet he came over and grabbed my hand.

Liz dragged me to a claw machines, but it wasn't filled with stuffed animals, it was filled with rubber ducks. "Look how cute these are!" Liz said putting her hands on the glass, her eyes big like a kid. She quickly swiped her card and started moving the claw, trying to pick up a duck. "Damn it!" She said as the duck dropped down again. Swiping her card once more, she tried again. This time, she got the duck into the claw, moving it to the hole. "Yes!" She bent down and grabbed the duck, admiring it in her hands. It was dressed as an angel, with big wings and a halo, colored white. "My turn" I said going in front of the machine and swiping my card. I looked closely between the pile of ducks and the claw, making sure my drop was exact. The claw picked up a duck, with horns and a long tail. "You got a devil!" Liz said grabbing it and putting it next to hers. I smiled and put it in my purse, looking for Colby who ran off with Jake.