-15-

We drove down narrow roads with the windows down and music all the way up

We drove down narrow roads with the windows down and music all the way up. We were acting like typical teenagers, screaming lyrics, dancing, laughing.

I looked over to Colby, his head was tilted slightly up, his hair flying all over the place sometimes hitting his eyes. His smile was so wide it could win an award. It was a beautiful sight. I wanted to see it in color.

I put my elbow on the center console, making my elbow touch his. The whole world blew up in colors, but I was focused on him. His skin shined in the sun, and his smiled was practically glowing. His eyes were slightly covered by his hair but you could still see the blue showing through.

He took one hand off the steering wheel, turning down the music and sliding his hand into mine. "Now I gotta day, you looked great earlier today." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I looked out toward the passing town, the people blurred as we were driving.

"You hungry?" Colby asked his eyes were still on the road. "Yeah, super." I said nodding. "Great." He said and turned into a diner called Back In Time. He parked and got out, I climbed out of the car and followed him to the front. He opened the door for me and I said a quick thank you, looking around.

It was the 60s themed, like a classic diner you would see in old movies. "How many are dining today?" The girl standing behind a podium asked us. "Two." Colby said, standing next to me. She grabbed menus and took us to our table. We were seated and she took our orders for drinks and rushed off to prepare them.

"So do you like it?" Colby said looking at me. "I do, it's very aesthetically pleasing." I said looking around and back at Colby. We talked about our futures for a bit. He said once he graduates he's moving into a house with a couple of other guys. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I mean, I was hoping to move out once I graduate high school, but I don't have any money and where would I go? I don't feel comfortable living completely alone. "You could live with us." Colby offered. I shook my head. "I can't pay rent or anything, I don't have a job either." We stopped our conversation once the waitress came back to give us our drinks and take our orders for food.

Once she was gone we started up the conversation again. "I could pay it for you." He said and put his hand on the table taking mine and holding it tight. I shook my head. "I couldn't do that to you." I left out the part where we've only been dating for two days and it's crazy to be thinking like this. But I think it'll offend him because the glint in his eyes showed that he really wanted it to happen. "It's no big deal Jackie." He said softly. The way he said my name made my spine shiver. "I don't know..." I said, pulling my hand away from his and playing with my own. "It'll be worth it, I promise." before I could answer the waitress out our food on the table.

While eating I thought about the my future. I didn't even know the other guys. I can't put that pressure on Colby anyways. But I can tell he really wants me to move in with him. Move in with him. We've only been dating two days and he wants that to happen. Well, by the time we're both 18 it'll be a couple months but still, moving in with him?

We finished eating and Colby payed, I didn't argue because I was stuck into my own little world. We walked out and I think Colby could tell something was wrong with the concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked when we got into the car. I nodded. "I'm fine, could you take me home?" It wasn't a big deal right now, I just really wanted to talk to Liz about everything that's been happening. He nodded and drove away from the diner.

This time the car ride was silent. I don't know why, maybe because I couldn't start a conversation up or Colby didn't want to bother me more. I turned to him, his eyes were focused on the road, both hands on the steering wheel. His face turned to mine for a second, then back on the road. "Thank you for paying for lunch." I finally spoke up. He cleared his throat. "You're welcome." God, why was everything so awkward all of a sudden?

He parked in the driveway of my house and I stayed in my seat. I don't like this at all. I feel like if I leave everything will crumble but for no reason at all. "Do you want to come inside?" I asked Colby. He gave me a little smile and nodded, making me feel slightly better. We walked inside, saying hi to my parents and going upstairs. Colby sat on my bed and I dumped my bag from ballet on the floor. I turned to Colby and crashed into him. He laughed when I laid on him, my arms curled around him and my face in the crook of his neck. He started rubbing my back. "Summer's soon." I said muffled. "I know, our last year of high school. Then what?" I shrugged. "Whatever life brings us I guess." He nodded in agreement. "I hope life brings you along with me." He said. I smiled against his neck. "I do too."