-37-

I groaned as my alarm on my phone rang, I didn't get any sleep after Liz woke me up

I groaned as my alarm on my phone rang, I didn't get any sleep after Liz woke me up. As a matter of fact, she's probably going to be the one who gonna sleep in then be rushing to get everything ready.

I shut off the annoying alarm and got up, sitting at the edge of my bed staring at my feet preparing for myself to get up. After forcing myself to stand up I tugged the ponytail holder out of my hair letting my now dried hair fall to my shoulders. I took my phone and typed in my password, the looking through my contacts to call Colby, I'm hoping he isn't sleeping.

After a few rings he picked up, the light from the window next to his bed caused him to be seen as only a silhouette. "Good morning, did I wake you?" He flipped over and finally I could see his face, he smiled at me, "Kinda, but it's okay" His voice was deep. "Okay. Sorry. But is it okay if I talk to you while getting ready?" I balanced on phone on some books that were sitting on my table. Probably from school. "Of course" I played with my hair until it looked good enough for people to see, then held up my finger to tell Colby 'hold on'.

I quickly went to go brush my teeth and wash my face, not wanting to leave Colby waiting. I came back to the screen being paused, meaning he was on another app. "I'm back" I said hoping his face would pop up again. To my luck, his face showed up again and I sat down to do my makeup.

"So, when am I picking you up?" He said ruffling his hair. "Ten, If you want." I dapped foundation on my face with a sponge. "Yeah, yeah that'll be good" I moved on with my makeup, making sure the shade of the contour looked blended enough. "Does this look good?" I asked Colby, "Beautiful" I smiled and picked up a setting spray, spraying it all over then fanning my face with my hands. "What is that?" He asked referring to the spray. "Oh, setting spray. It helps set your makeup, obviously. So it like, stays in place" I said observing the bottle. "Ohh" I got up and headed to the closet, picking out a simple t-shirt and dark jeans. "About moving into the mansion.." Colby started, "have you asked your parents about it? Or told them?" I quickly changed out of view of the camera before answering. "I told her awhile ago" I said. "And?"

"Andd she didn't really like the idea. But, that was because she didn't know you so much, she probably didn't want me moving with some guy she hadn't met." I said back down and intertwined my fingers. "I think she will approve now. I'll talk to her about it when we come back from Coachella or something like that" I added. He nodded and laid on his back, his collar bones now exposed as he rested his hand on top of his head. "I'd love if you could move with us. Imagine."

I smiled as I imagine us living together, late night talks, getting to see him everyday. "I'd like that too"

-

Colby went to go get his baggage ready so he could pick up Liz and I which meant I had to wake up the sleeping beauty.

"Liz!" I said banging on the door. Still nothing. I went into my room and grabbed a paper clip , bent it to where I could stick it in the small hole that was in the door knob. I started jiggling it around until i knew it was open. As I opened the door I saw Liz laying on the bed, on her phone. "Didn't you hear me banging on the door? I thought you were asleep." She continued scrolling through her phone. "Yeah. I heard you, but I didn't really feel like getting up. But I like your efforts." She pointed at the pulled apart paper clip I was holding. "Well you need to hurry up and get ready!" I said throwing the paper clip on her temporary bed. "Colby will be here any minute"

I gathered my suitcase and bags, putting the makeup bag over my shoulder and struggling to carry the suitcase down the stairs. Finally I got downstairs and placed my luggage near the door. I checked the time, 9 am, Colby should be here soon. I walked back upstairs, hearing Liz's frantic footsteps running around her room. I walked into her room and see her gathering her makeup. Randomly throwing palettes and brushes in. "Are you sure those even match your outfits?" I asked. "No, but I'm gonna hope they do" She closed her suitcase, stuffing the clothes inside so it would actually close all the way. "Could you help me carry this down?" I didn't have a chance to answer as she put a bag in my arms. "I guess"

I hugged my parents goodbye as Colby pulled into my driveway. They gave us good wishes as we walked out of the door, Colby now helping us put the luggage into his car.

We had a 3 hour drive and our hands and a whole lot of songs to listen to. "What first?" I said scrolling through my playlist. I specially made it for this trip. "Just click shuffle" Liz said, her arm coming from behind me and clicking shuffle. What came from the radio was Bohemian Rhapsody, and what came after was all three of us terribly trying to sing all the parts to the song. Then ended with us laughing at how ridiculous we sounded trying to sing in a high pitched voice. "Colby, you have to do that noise again. It sounds so weird" I said laughing. He repeated the noise again, laughing in the process. Liz and I made eye contact, making us laugh harder. "How do you even manage to do that?" She asked. "I haven't gone through puberty yet" He joked. He turned up the radio as the next song played and we all started singing again.