-21-

Jess got an uber and we sat outside waiting for the car

Jess got an uber and we sat outside waiting for the car. It was very hot and humid, pulling my hair up and waving my hand to my neck to stop it from sweating.

The uber finally arrived and we climbed into the back, with Tess going in the front. Tess told the man the directions and he started driving through the traffic.

He dropped us off 30 minutes later, Tess paying and thanking him. I turned around to read the sign. "Skydiving..?" I said and turned around quickly to Tess. "I am not doing this!" I said throwing my hands up.

"Yes you are, come on it'll be fun" Tess tried to convince me over and over again but it wouldn't work. "It's scary I'm not doing it!" I said crossing my arms. Tess looked over to Colby and nudge her head over to me. Colby coming over and picking my up bridal style. "Colby! Let me down!" I yelled, trying to wiggle out of his grip. It didn't work and he carried me into the place.

I sat in the suit they made us put on, my arms crossed. "Why am I even here?" I said looking over to Colby. He smiled softly, "You'll be okay, it'll go by so fast"

"What happens if I die? Or something goes wrong?"

"These people have been doing this for years, Jackie, I think they know what their doing" I leaned back into my chair. I was so nervous my body was shaking. Colby took my arms out of the crossed position they were and intertwined our fingers, my nerves coming to a bit of ease.

The instructor came in and told us all of the safety precautions, what not to do, and what to do incase of emergency. He then lead us through this door, leading outside to the airplane we would be jumping out of. Colby's hand never left mine and I was glad of it, my hands would be all over the place.

We met the people who would be coming down with us, shaking hands with all of them. We climbed in and sat down, hearing the plane start up made my nerves start up as well.

My leg bounced around as I played with my hands. Colby sat next to me with his head on my shoulder. "Jackie, you'll be okay, I promise" I nodded. He took my hand, rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand.

"I promise"

"Everyone ready?" The guy on my back asked everyone. Everyone responded expect me, I wasn't ready. Colby looked at me and gave me a thumbs up, his hair flying all over the place from the rapid wind. I smiled, my nerves calming down with the sight of him.

"3!" The guy on back of Colby yelled.

"2!" He teased him out of the plane.

"1!" He jumped, I looked down to them flying down, arms and legs sprawled out. Suddenly I was thrown off the plane, the air hitting my face at such rapid speed I could hardly breathe.

The guy pulled my hands out so the wind could flow more easily. I looked down to the land, very slowly approaching since we were so high. I wasn't scared anymore, it was thrilling, in a good way. I yelled out, laughing afterwards. I looked around smiling, this is what it felt like to be alive. Suddenly I was thrown up, seeing the parachute go above us.