-14-

I practically ripped my closet apart looking for my ballet shoes, finally finding them under a huge pile of clothes

I examined them to see if they were in good condition, which after one year of being in my closet,
they were. I slipped them on. They still fit perfectly since I haven't grown. I got up and stood in third position, placing my heels against each other and placing my hands in first, then opening my other arm to second. At least I still remember.

I started getting super excited, I really want to do plays again. I ran downstairs to my mom. She was cleaning with my dad in the living room. She turned and looked down to my feet. "I haven't seen those in a long time, did you just find them?" I nodded. "Actually... I was wondering if I could start it again?" She thought about it for a second, then smiled. "Yes! I miss seeing you doing ballet." I jumped up and down all excited. "Tess is taking me to Mrs. Valerie!" I said running back upstairs. I grabbed my phone and dialed Tess.

She picked up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Tess get here now! I'm starting ballet again!" She squealed and hung up. I went back to my closet and quickly looked for my old outfit. It could be anywhere.

By the time Tess arrived I finally found the outfit and slicked my hair into a tight bun. I changed back into regular shoes and ran outside to her car. "Thank you for picking me up." I said getting into her car. She nodded. "I'm so excited for you to start."
"I am too!" She drove out of my neighborhood. "Have you texted Colby?"
"Oh, totally forgot!" I said quickly getting my phone out and texting Colby about where we're going.

We made our way into the building, meeting the lady at the front. She looked up from her computer. "Jackie?" I smiled wide. Her name was Clare and she was here when I did ballet one year ago. She rushed around the corner and hugged me. "I haven't seen you in so long!"

"How are you?" She asked pulling away from the hug. "I'm great, I'm actually here to start ballet again." She seemed to get excited. "Valerie is going to be so happy to see you, she's free right now you can go up." We thanked her and got into the elevator. I clicked the 2nd floor and we were headed our way.

I found the old room where I would spend hours in. I knocked the door and there came Valerie. She opened the door and looked who it was, when she saw my face she squealed like Tess did over the phone. "Jackie! I missed you so much!" She said engulfing me in a hug. I giggled and hugged her back. "What are you doing here?" Her eyes landed on my bag and her smiled got wider. "Oh come in!" We followed her into the big room. I placed my bad on the floor, taking out my outfit and shoes to change into in the back room.

I walked back in and Valerie had the biggest smile on her face. She was so sad when I told her I was going to stop ballet, she told me she would remember me as her favorite student. Now here I am, 17 almost 18 and I'm back.

She helped me do some stretches and some jumps that I might've forgotten. "Now, do you remember the play that we put together?" I did, we spent some time to put together this play called Ghosting. It's about this girl who gets her heart broken and needs to forget about her past, she struggles for a bit a time but finally finds her happiness in other things.

She put on the old song I knew so well, I still listen to it. I start out in open fourth position, letting my hand guide through into a spin, jumping into the air, assemblé. I tried to show the girls emotions through the dance, which wasn't hard for me. Landing my jump into a Plié, extending my arm out.

I almost slipped on a pirouette but I managed to keep my balance, by the end of the song I was breathing hard, I wasn't used to it since I haven't done it in so long. Valerie started clapping and Tess joined in. "You did so well!" I felt like I was sixteen again, I bowed and jumped up clapping my hands together. "This is just like I was sixteen!" I said smiling so big. I wish Colby was here to see. I looked at Tess and she pointed to the door, I looked to see Colby smiling at me, his legs were crossed and his hands were in the pocket of the hoodie. I ran out to him and hugged him.

"You were so good." He whispered into my ear. "Thank you." I said. I pulled him inside and he sat next to Colby. "Valerie, this is my boyfriend Colby." It felt nice to call him my boyfriend. "Oh! I'm sorry I never introduced you to Tess, my best friend." She shook their hands. "You guys seem to be taking care of her well." They nodded and smiled at me.

Valerie taught me some things I forgot over the year and helped my body stretch out and get use to doing jumps. By the end I was super hungry.

"Thank you for everything Valerie." I said lifting my bag onto my shoulder. "No, thank you for coming back, it's nice to see you in action again." She smiled and I hugged her. "I'll see you next Thursday?" She asked and I nodded. We shared a goodbye and we were out of the room.

"I'll see you next Thursday Clare!" I said and she said bye. Tess got a call from Jess to hang out so she said bye to Colby, hugging me tight telling me how good I was and left. "Do you want me to drop you off at your house?" Colby asked swinging his keys around his finger. "No, I want to hang out with you." I said turning to him. "I have just the place." He said and went to the car. I smiled and followed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd like to say I know nothing about ballet so if I got something wrong feel free to tell me and I'll fix it!