-36-

"So, Loverboy" I said to Colby as he drove Liz and I home

"So, Loverboy" I said to Colby as he drove Liz and I home. Which Liz was too busy talking on the phone with her boyfriend from Florida. "Oh no, are you gonna call me that too?" He asked putting a hand to his forehead. "It's a good nickname, I like it" I smiled at him and put my elbow on the middle console, holding my head up with my hand, looking at him. Colby locked eye contact with me, pecking me on the lips quickly before looking back onto the road.

"Hold on, Jackie and Colby are being all gooey" Liz said on the phone, she then put the phone away from her face. "Can you guys get a room?" We all laughed at her joke before she was soon in another conversation.

I leaned forward towards Colby. I was curious about his Dad, as his Mom mentioned his Dad missing him after Las Vegas, then used to call him Loverboy? "So, this might be rude, what happened to your dad?" I whispered to him, I could basically see his grey face fall. He sallowed hard. "Not now please" I nodded, falling back into my seat. "Sorry" I mumbled. I felt guilty that I made him upset, I didn't mean to, I was just curious. I looked out the window, wondering could've happened to Colby's Dad. I know I shouldn't assume the worst, but I was.

Colby pulled into my driveway helping Liz and I with out backpacks and leaving quickly so he could pack for Coachella, which should I mention we leave tomorrow.

"Hello ladies," My Mom said as we entered the living room. "How was your night?"

"Pretty good" I responded leaving my bag next to the couch and hugging my Mom who was watching tv, then my Dad who was sat next to her also watching tv. "It was pretty lonely without you guys" My Dad said after he hugged me. Liz and I chuckle, telling them we need to pack then heading upstairs. I went into the closet of my room, digging out my suit case from the corner. I set my suitcase on my bed, after a big huff of air, I unzipped my empty suitcase and started to fold the outfits I would be wearing.

"Liz, could you pick out some eyeshadow palettes that'll look good with these outfits please?" I said finally fitting my clothes in the suitcase. "Yes ma'am" She got up from my bed and went over to my table, looking through my makeup. She would look through some shade of a palette, look at my theme of colors, which she helped me pick out, then back at the palette.

"Here" She filled my hands with a bunch of palettes I would assume will match my outfits. "Thank you" I said putting them on the bed, then grabbing a makeup bag to place them in along with the rest of my daily makeup. She made a 'mhm' noise then went back to her position on my bed. "Aren't you gonna pack?" I said looking up from the suitcase, she didn't seem worried that we were leaving early the next day. "I'll do it tonight"

"Okay" I said knowing that she'll probably ask for my help at three in the morning.

—————

After dinner with my parents, which my mom made her famous pizza I actually wanted to get to bed early so I could get up early the next morning and get my junk together.

I ruffled my wet hair with a damp towel after a long shower, hopefully drying it enough so it won't bother me while sleeping. After about five minutes or so, I put my hair into a messy but suitable bun and took off the remaining mascara that was under my eyes with a makeup wipe. I crawled into bed and got comfortable, going through my phone real quick to see any notifications that were left on my apps. My phone rang with a notification that Colby texted me.

Colby🖤: Facetime?
Jackie: I'm gonna go to bed early today, but in the morning I'll definitely call you while i'm getting ready :)
Colby🖤: Okay :( goodnight sunshine
Jackie: Goodnight Loverboy

I smiled at the nickname and put my phone on my bedside table leaving it to charge. I flipped to the other side and closed my eyes before slowly falling asleep.

—————————

I was right about Liz needed help in the middle of the night. "Jackie!" She shook me awake, repeating my name a few times. "Oh my god, Liz, what did I tell you about doing your suitcase?" I said, finally fully awake blinking my eyes at her. "I know, I know, but I didn't listen so i need help now" She tugged at my arm. "Fine" I got up and she tugged me to her room.

Her bed was a mess of clothing and accessories like necklaces, earrings, hats, and more. "Okay so," She looked through the hats then picked a bucket hat and put it up with an outfit she put up on the bed. "How does it look?" She asked standing back admiring her work. "Well I can't see if it matches, but it looks nice" She made an 'o' with her mouth. "Right, kinda forgot" I shook my head and laugh, she will always forgot about me being colorblind. Which, I don't see how, but she does. "Okay and what about this?" She held up hoop earrings I would assume goes with the same outfit. I looked between the earrings and the outfit, then nodded my head. "I approve. Now, can I go to bed?" She nodded and shooed me away.

I went back to my room and went back into my bed, but, I was not able to fall asleep. I was flipping and turning all night. Out of frustration, I huffed, laying on my back staring at the ceiling. Liz is in so much trouble.