-38-

"Colby! How is your bag so heavy?" I slumped his bag over my shoulder and carried myself to the front of the car

"Colby! How is your bag so heavy?" I slumped his bag over my shoulder and carried myself to the front of the car. "I told you I got it" He jogged over in his sweatpants and t-shirt, comfort for that long drive. I shrugged and handed him his bulky luggage, pulling mine behind me. "Let me help you" He went to grab my suitcase but I pulled it away, "It's okay," I pointed to his bag, "you already have pounds to carry" Liz stood next to me and observed the hotel in front of us. "Come on, lets check it out" She walked ahead of us into the doors of the building. Colby locked his car with a click and followed us in.

The smell of the hotel filled my nostrils as we walked in, families sitting on the couches in front of the check in counter. Colby lead us to the front counter and gave them my last name since my parents paid for our hotel room, which I wouldn't stop bothering them with "thank you" and "i'm sorry i'm making you pay". I dug out my ID and handed it to the employee. The employer happily gave us the room key after he gave back my ID and we walked to the elevator. "Room 402" Colby said reading the number engraved on the keys. We all walked into the elevator. The button lit up as Colby pressed the fourth floor, the elevator rose into a wall of windows, allowing us to see the area around us. "The festival should be in that direction" Liz said pointing outward. The elevator doors opened and we walked out into the hallway. We walked down the carpeted hallway checking the room numbers until ours came up. "402, right here" Colby slid the card into the door hand, making a ding nose as it unlocked. Colby opened the door and lead us in.

"Why is it always so cold in hotel rooms?" I asked looking around for a thermostat. Colby and Liz were already unpacking. Liz opened the blinds to our porch outside, looking out to the view. "I mean, we have a big palm tree in front of us, but we can kinda of see out" She put her hands on her hips. Finally, I turned up the thermostat and started to unpack. "Did you tell your parents we got to the hotel?" Colby asked, now sitting on the white bed. "Oh shoot, I will now" I rushed to the dresser and grabbed my phone laying on top, quickly sending my mom a text that we got there safety, to which she responded with "Have fun!!"

I laid flat on the bed, "I'm ready to sleep" I mumbled into the pillow my voice was muffled. "Actually, we have friends to meet up, and it's only 3" Colby said, scooting closer to my body. I groaned and Colby grabbed my hand, his warmth filled up my hand. I lifted my head up and looked at Colby, who was smiling at me. I copied his smile, looking over to Liz. Who was staring at Colby. She caught my gaze and pick up her phone, distracting herself.

My phone buzzed on the dresser making it slightly move. "Can you get my phone please?" I asked Colby pointing to the dresser. He got up and grabbed my phone, sitting back next to me and looked at the notification. "Who's Diego?" He handed me my phone and I looked at the text. "Oh he's just someone who wanted me to go to this university"

"University? Where?" Liz said coming into our conversation. I hesitated, I didn't want them to think I was going to take the offer and move to New York. Leaving them behind. "I'm not sure, I would have to do research" I lied. "That's great Jackie! You should definitely do it for ballet" Colby smiled at me.

Ballet.

I didn't know if I actually wanted to pursue a career in it. I did love it, but not enough to do it for the rest of my life. I shrugged, "I'm deciding"

Diego: Hey, I see you haven't responded to my last text. Are you okay?

I quickly typed a response.

Jackie: Hey, I'm so sorry! I'm still deciding, but i'll let you know when I make a decision. :)

I put my phone to the side and rubbed my eyes, it's a hard decision, I have to think if I actually wanna do ballet.

"We should get ready to head down to the lobby, my friends are waiting for us" Colby said putting his phone down also. Liz and I shot up to grab clothes, Colby chuckling at how quick we were and got up to change also.

I finished putting my mascara, then picked out a chain to compliment my outfit. "Are you guys done yet?" Colby asked laying with his back to the bed. "Almost!" Liz said, she was sitting next to me putting on mascara. Her face was tilted up with her mouth open, focused on her eyelashes. "And... done" She closed the tube and turned around. "Finally, can we go?" Colby sat up, his arms holding him up. She nodded her head and I pulled Colby up. I grabbed the key from the dresser and stuffed it in my pocket.

Colby walked next to me, hand in hand, while Liz walked in front of us. I was getting nervous, I didn't know who we were meeting up with, all I know they're friends with Colby. The turquoise walls weren't making it any better. "What are we doing your friends?" Liz asked turning her head, we arrived at the elevator. "We're going to an arcade if that's good with you guys?" Colby looked between the two of us once we were in the elevator, going down. We both nodded our head yes and he smiled. "You're gonna like them"