-12-

We continued driving through the town, lights and people going by us quickly

We continued driving through the town, lights and people going by us quickly. Jess parked into the ice cream shop, the same one Colby brought me to.

We got out of the car, Colby getting around the car quickly to open my door. "You didn't have to do that." I said laughing. "Anything for my sunshine." He said smiling. I got out of the car and closed the door. Colby's hand sliding into mine. We walked into the parlor and the same employee was working at the counter. Colby and I walked up and looked at our options. I wanted to try something new. "What are you getting?" I asked Colby. He thought for a second. "I think I'm gonna get cookies and cream." I nodded. We went up to the guy to order. Colby order his cookies and cream and I ordered the same. "Finally stepping out of vanilla?" Colby teased. "Oh be quiet." I got out my wallet and went to pay. "Jackie I got it." Colby said pushing my card away. "You payed last time." I said and handed my card to the person behind the counter. He huffed and I smiled at him, getting a eye roll as a response.

"Alright let us order!" Tess said behind us. We both laughed and stepped out of the way for them to order.

After they ordered the guy who's name tag said Tom got our ice creams together, handing it to us. We found a table in the corner and started eating our ice creams, waiting for Tess and Jess.

I stopped eating my ice cream and sat there, wondering. Would Colby ask me out? Or are we just going to act like it until life finds it's way between us. I looked up to see Colby still eating his ice cream. We made eye contact and he noticed something wrong. "What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nothing, i'm just wondering what i'm going to do when we graduate." I made a quick excuse. "Well, what do you think you're good at?" I thought about it, I could always take up ballet again. I started at 9 and stopped at 16 because I just lost interest. But I want to take that up again. "Ballet." He tilted his head. "Really, how come I've never seen you practice?" I shrugged. "I actually stopped two years ago, but I want to start up again."

Tess and her girlfriend finally got to our table, by that time Colby and I were already finished. "Sorry the guy kept getting our order wrong." Tess said rolling her eyes. "It's okay." I said while they took a seat.

We sat and talked while they finished their ice cream. By that time the shop was closed and we were the last out. I checked the time, 10:03 pm. "Would you guys be up to stay at my house for the night?" Tess offered while we got in the car. "I would have to ask my mom." I said while getting out my phone. "Same here." Colby said doing the same. Jess waited for us to get an answer before driving out of the parking lot.

My mom said it was okay and Colby's mom said yes too, so we were on our way to Tess's house. The whole way there we were listening to old songs we would probably listen to when we were 11. Some like Katy Perry, Neon Trees and others.

Jess pulled up to Tess's house and we got out of the car and into the house. We said a quick hello to her parents and all went upstairs. "Okay so, me and Jess will stay in my room and you and Colby could stay in our guest bedroom, is that okay?" Tess asked. "Yeah, I didn't bring clothes though could I borrow some?" "Yeah, here." She dug into her wardrobe getting a big t-shirt and some comfy shorts, handing them to me. "Thanks, I'm going to change." I said and went into her bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind me. I quickly changed into her comfy clothes. I was about to open the door but I heard Colby and Tess talking faintly, almost whispering so I couldn't hear.

"When are you going to ask her out Colby?" I heard Tess say. It was silent for a second, like he was thinking. "I don't know, I'll figure something out." He finally said. I opened the door and walked out. They stopped talking about it and acted as though nothing happened.

"What are we gonna do?" Colby asked as we sat in a circle. We all sat in thought. "Truth or dare?" I offered. We all exchanged looks and agreed.

"Who's going first?" Jess asked. Tess spoke up, "I will, Jackie, truth or dare?" I decided on truth. "Who was your first boyfriend?" Colby turned to me on that one. "I... haven't had one." "Really?" Colby said and I nodded slowly. "Okay my turn! Colby, truth or dare?" He picked dare. "I dare you to climb on top of the roof and scream." He laughed but agreed.

He struggled getting out of the window and climbing on top of the roof, we had to hold him because he almost slipped. We all looked out of the window as he slowly climbed to the top. Standing up, he took a deep breath and screamed the loudest he could, loud enough he made birds who were sitting in a tree fly away. "Okay! Get down my parents probably heard that!" Tess said waving for him to get down. "And the whole neighborhood." I added. We helped him down and quickly closed the window. We all sat back in a circle. "Well now it's my turn." We basically played until the early morning. "Okay, I'm going to bed." I said getting up. "Same, goodnight guys." Colby said following me "Goodnight." Tess and Jess said. I turned to say goodnight and I saw Tess wink at me as Colby and I walked out. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, closing the door.Trying to find my way through the dark to the guest room was actually harder then I thought, putting my hands and feeling the walls. Colby out his phone flashlight on, allowing us the see throughout the hallway. I found the door and opened it, making a squeaky noise as I opened and closed it.

I made my way in and there was a bed in the corner with a wardrobe in the other side of the room, a pretty standard guest room.

I climbed into bed and got comfy. "Do you want me to sleep downstairs?" Colby said scratching the back of his neck. "No, come on." I said scooting over and giving him space. I turned on my side and closed my eyes. I felt a dip in the bed as he climbed in. We laid together. "Jackie?" Colby said softly. "Yeah?" I said in the same tone. I turned around and found him shirtless, I looked up to his eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I did not expect that. I sat and stared at him as he stared back into my eyes. I nodded. "Yeah." He smiled and I smiled back, getting closer to him and laying my head on his chest. His breathing was rapid so I assumed he was nervous. He played with my hair until I fell asleep.