-23-

I woke up to Colby's arms tied around me, last nights memories flooding into my brain

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I woke up to Colby's arms tied around me, last nights memories flooding into my brain.

I checked the time, 10:30 am, check out's at 2. I turned around so I was now facing Colby. His hair was messy and his mouth was parted. I cuddled into his chest and fell back asleep.

I woke back up alone, Colby was gone. I sat up and looked around to find Colby putting on pants. He turned around and smiled.

"Good morning sunshine" He said, now putting on a shirt.

"Good morning" I responded, rubbing my eyes. I checked the time again, 12 pm. I changed into shorts and a crop top of whatever color it was.

Brushing out my hair with my fingers, I walked out of the room to check on Tess, I can only imagine the state she must be in right now.

I walked into the kitchen to find Tess, face down in an ice pack on the table. Jess was right next to her rubbing her back.

"Jeez" I said coming up to the island. "Tell me about it" Tess responded groggily. She lifted her head and to say she looked like a mess was an understatement. She eyes were red, accompanied with bags under them, which I don't even know how they got to that state, her hair was all tangled, and she still had makeup on from last night.

"I think we need to help clean you up" I said and took her into the bathroom. I handed her a makeup wipe to take off the smushed makeup. Then handed her a brush to take care of her hair.

"Thank you" She said brushing out the last knot in her hair. I put my makeup down on the bathroom counter. "Of course" I put some of her foundation on the back of my hand. Dipping a clean beauty blender in the product and dapping it on her face.

"Alright," I fixed some of her concealer to cover  the bags around her eyes. "you're done" She looked in the mirror and smiled. "You're a miracle worker"

"What can I say?" I said flipping my hair off my shoulder.

——————-

"Everyone ready?" I asked after I locked the door of the hotel. It was now a memory I would never forget.

We checked out and got in Tess's car, we always took the Uber because we didn't feel like driving in the traffic.

Tess drove away from the hotel, starting our four hour journey. "I really wish we flew" Tess said turning on the air. "Then it wouldn't be a road trip"

"That's a good thing"

I rolled my eyes. "You don't want to hang out with the bros?" She laughed, "Yeah, on a one hour flight, not a four hour drive," She got on the highway. "especially if I have to drive"

The drive was way longer when we were driving home, unlike when we were driving to the hotel.

I got out of the car and groaned, my legs aching from being cramped up. Colby helped me with my bags then getting his bags, we waved goodbye Tess and her girlfriend. "Thank you for everything" I said to them before they drove away.

"Jackie, we missed you!" My mom said once I opened the door, pulling me into a bear hug. I smiled, "I missed you guys too!" I gave my dad a hug also. "How was the trip?" My dad asked.

Me and Colby looked at eachother, "It was great, we went shopping, skydiving, and other stuff.." I trailed my voice off but they didn't seem to care. "Sounds like you had a great time" My dad said and I nodded.

I settled my suitcases in my room, sitting on my bed and looking around. "This is gonna be fun to unpack"

"You packed for a week, Jackie" Colby said sitting next to me. "Anything could've happened that I needed a outfit change!" I said throwing my hands up. He chuckled and laid down, putting his arms under his head.

"My moms coming to pick me up soon" Colby said gathering his stuff.

"Does that mean I get to meet her?"

He nodded and smiled, I smiled back. I was now a bit nervous, I didn't know what she was going to think of me.

Colby checked his phone after he got a text. "That's her"

I helped him take his luggage downstairs and opened the door to find Colby's mom patiently waiting outside of her car. "Hey mom" Colby said coming out and hugging her.

"Is this Jackie?" She said towards me, I nodded and held out my hand for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you" I said once she shook my hand. "It's nice to meet you too, you seem like a very nice girl," I smiled and looked at Colby. "and I assume Colby's treating you well?" She asked turning to Colby.

"Very well"

She smiled and went to open her car door, "Ready to go home? Your dad misses you" Colby nodded put his things in the back seat. He jogged back up to me, kissing me on the lips and climbed into the passenger seat, waving at me before his mom drove away.