1.8

"rose, it's just one more night. just stay!" i was woken up from my nap to calum and rose yelling at each other in the kitchen. i sat up from the couch to glance around, seeing luke's door closed and michael's shoes gone.

"calum, i already bought a bus ticket. why does it matter?" she was leaving tonight to go back to canberra. why was he so pissed?

"it's our first show!" he wanted her to stay for their show, how sweet. i, of course, would love it if rose stayed, but i understood how much being with her dad meant to her. calum just didn't get it.

"i'll try and make the next one, cal," she said, her voice softer. why didn't she just tell him about laura and her dad and everything?

"what if i bought you a new bus ticket for after the show?" what? before rose could respond calum was rushing past me and into his room, returning seconds later with a laptop. he sat down next to me on the couch without a word as he pulled up a website for bus tickets.

"calum, don't be ridiculous," rose mumbled, standing behind him. he continued to go through the website, picking bus tickets for the morning after their show. when he pulled his wallet out of his pocket to type in his credit card information rose snapped. she grabbed the wallet and glared at him quickly.

"calum, i have to go back tonight." his eyes were sad. he glanced at me before getting up and taking his laptop back to his room. he slammed the door behind him, loudly twisting the lock. rose plopped down next to me, her head immediately finding my shoulder.

"what do you think i should do?" she whispered.

"i think you should call your dad and see what he says," i told her honestly. i knew if she asked him he would tell her to stay another day. he was an amazing man. rose seemed to think about it for a minute before standing up and pulling out her phone. she walked into my room and closed the door quietly behind her.

a few minutes later luke peeked his head out his door, glancing around. when the coast was clear he walked out and sat next to me.

"what was all the yelling about?" he asked.

"calum wants rose to stay for the gig," i said as rose came back out of my room.

"he bought me a new bus pass for in a few days," she mumbled, her face a little sad. rose hated being away from her dad, they were really close. i gave her a small hug as luke turned on a movie for us all to watch. when calum came back out halfway through he didn't even ask rose if she was staying. he didn't seem upset or happy or anything in between. he just sat there, covering up whatever he was feeling.

when michael and ashton got to the apartment to rehearse, rose and i just went into my room. we played a few games of go fish and watched a movie while they practiced. she was starting to be less bummed about staying, which made me feel better.

"we should pick out our groupie outfits!" rose suggested, her voice mischievous. she ran to my closet and began sifting through everything, pulling out random things and throwing them on my bed. we picked out a few different outfits, trying each of them on until we found the perfect combos. we hung up the outfits in my closet for tomorrow before going into the kitchen for a snack.

"katie!" michael called from the living room. i grabbed a packet of biscuits before going to see what he needed.

"we need you to be our manager and stuff tomorrow, okay?" michael said, glancing at his notebook.

"we were going to be groupies!" rose pouted, crossing her arms and giving mikey puppy dog eyes.

"that's funny rose, that you think i'd ever let either of you be groupies for these lads," michael laughed, my eyes going a little wide. everyone chuckled along with him a little. luckily, crystal called right then, ready to pick him up.